- Convenient second monitor for mobile professionals
- Reasonable price
- Decent brightness, color and contrast via USB
- Maximum screen brightness only available with power adapter
- Power adapter is an "optional" accessory
A mobile monitor that delivers the perfect compromise between portability, performance, and price.
If you’re a business traveler who needs to give presentations to clients in a small office space then you probably wish you had a second screen to share with others while you work on your own laptop screen. Toshiba comes to the rescue with its USB Mobile Monitor: a 14-inch LCD perfect for on-the-spot presentations or multi-screen multitasking. Keep reading to find out if a second laptop monitor really is more useful than a projector.
Toshiba USB Mobile Monitor (PA3923U-1LC3) Specifications:
- Type: 14.0-inch LCD Mobile Monitor
- Viewable Image Area: 14” Diagonal
- Max. Native Resolution: 1366 x 768
- Brightness: Up to 220 nits
- Contrast Ratio: 400:1
- Response Rate: 16ms
- Display Color: 256,000
- Input Signal: USB cable (included)
- Standard Power Supply: USB cable (included)
- Alternative (Max) Power Supply: AC Adapter (sold separately)
- AC Adapter Voltage: 100 – 240V AC, 50/60 Hz
- Dimensions & Weight: 13.4” W x 9.4” H x 0.6”D; 2.8 lbs
- Color: Glossy Black
- In the Box: One Toshiba Mobile LCD monitor, Cover, USB Y cable, CD-ROM & documentation
- One-year limited warranty
- MSRP: $199.99
Build and Design
The Toshiba USB Mobile Monitor is a simple 14-inch USB-powered LCD that weighs about 2.8 pounds and is less than one inch thick. Although a 14-inch monitor might sound small for a business presentation it makes perfect sense if you ever have to share PowerPoint slides with someone sitting across a desk. More to the point, unlike bulky mobile projectors, this monitor is designed to fit inside most laptop bags next to your laptop.
When you remove the Toshiba USB Mobile Monitor from its box one of the first things you’ll notice is the attractive carrying case. The case itself is black vinyl but has a faux leather exterior that gives the protective case a premium appearance.
The interior of the case is soft microfiber-like material that protects the screen from accidental scratches while it’s inside your laptop bag. The case also folds over on itself to function as the stand for the LCD. It’s a simple yet functional design that gets the job done without any extra frills.
The front panel controls are simple and intuitive. There is a power button on the bottom right edge for on/off and “power save mode” which essentially puts the screen to sleep until you tap the button again. Two smaller buttons are located to the right of the power button; the button with an up arrow increases the brightness of the LCD and the button with a down arrow decreases the brightness of the LCD.