The Kensington Contour Overnight Notebook Roller is a high quality carry-on sized piece of luggage designed to securely hold and protect nearly any sized notebook plus at least a nights’ worth of clothing and travel necessities.
Kensington Contour Overnight Notebook Roller (view larger image)
Features and Benefits (adapted from Kensington.com)
- Flexible overnight compartment adapts to maximize usable space for clothing and files
- Zippered interior compartment holds enough clothes for overnight and stores toiletries in a water-resistant pocket
- Zippered exterior compartment holds multiple files and can be expanded into the interior compartment for more room
- Curved handle telescopes through four stages to shift weight to the wheels for personalized rolling comfort
- Contour system is endorsed by the American Chiropractic Association and balances weight closer to your body when you need to lift the bag
- SnugFit and DropShield protective systems shield notebooks up to 17″ from damaging bumps
- Easy-access pockets keep tickets, phone, PDA, and keys at your fingertips
- 1680 Denier Ballistic nylon protects against abrasions, punctures, and tears
- Price: About $130 (street price may be less)
- Lifetime warranty
Exterior Dimensions 14.5″L X 19.5″H X 9.5″W
Computer Compartment Dimensions 11.5″L X 16.0″H X 1.5″W
Kensington designed the Contour Overnight Notebook Roller with ergonomics in mind. At 8 pounds empty weight, it feels fairly light when lifting over obstacles. Rolling on its larger-than-normal wheels, it handles rough surfaces with ease and feels nearly weightless. This is in part due to its curved handle design which keeps the bag more vertical, putting more weight on the wheels, while keeping it away from your heels.
The handle locks in place and unlocks with the press of a button.
Handle extended (view larger image)
There are six externally accessed zippered compartments and many sub-compartments to organize all your toys and necessities for overnight or weekend travel.
I am a light packer, and I have found I can even pack enough for a weeklong trip in the Contour Overnight Notebook Roller.
The Contour Roller is designed to hold the notebook in the center compartment for best protection. Kensington designed a sleeve with elastics to snugly fit larger notebooks, and still protect smaller notebooks from banging around. Even a 17″ notebook fits inside, albeit very snugly.
Notebook storage example (view larger image)
The largest zippered compartment opens 180 degrees for easy access for clothing storage. It has enough room to fit an extra pair of pants, a few shirts, socks and underwear, etc.
Clothing storage example (view larger image)
On the other side there is another large zippered pocket. Inside is the shaft of the retracting handle, along with two water resistant elastic pockets and two smaller zippered mesh pockets. There is plenty of room for toiletries and even extra clothing.
There is even a large pocket with a semi-rigid file compartment to organize and store file folders. Other little quickly accessible pockets can hold airline tickets, snacks, etc.
File storage example (view larger image)
The Kensington Contour Overnight Notebook Roller is perfect for light packers or overnight travelers who want to avoid checking luggage. It combines a laptop case, briefcase, and overnight bag into one ergonomic bag.
- High quality construction
- Sturdy zippers
- Big, smooth rolling wheels
- Tough material
- Businesslike design
- Fits almost any size notebook
- Carry-on sized
- Design allows packing flexibility
- Smart handle design reduces fatigue
- Lifetime warranty
- Handle is one area that doesn’t appear super-sturdy, although I wasn’t able to harm it.
- No shoulder strap (these usually just get in the way, but some might like hook-ups at least)
Pricing and Availability