WORKCENTRE 6505DN SPECIFICATIONS:
- 5-in-1 color laser printer: print, scan, copy, fax and email
- Print speeds: up to 24 ppm in both black and color
- Print resolution: up to 600 x 600 x 4 dpi
- Front side USB port
- 35-sheet ADF
- Automatic duplexing
- 533MHz processor with 256MB memory standard
- Monthly duty cycle: up to 40,000 pages
- Paper capacity: 1-sheet bypass tray, 250-sheet paper tray
- Connectivity: Ethernet, USB 2.0
- Operating systems: Windows, Mac, Linux
- Energy Star certified
- 1-year on-site warranty with Xerox Total Satisfaction Guarantee
The Xerox WorkCentre 6505 is focused on being an affordable multifunction color option for small and medium businesses and I believe Xerox delivers on that promise. The WorkCentre 6505 offers decent print speeds, excellent print quality, five device functionality, good business features (including ADF, USB port and built-in networking) in a decently priced box ($599 for the base configuration).
More importantly, Xerox offers businesses flexibility with quality options including a wireless adapter, a second 250-sheet paper drawer and automatic duplexing (on the 6505dn configuration).
Xerox has made some real strides in the small business market with the Phaser 6010 and WorkCentre 6505 MFP series and businesses should take note when shopping around for affordable color options.
PRICING AND AVAILABILITY
The Xerox WorkCentre 6505dn is available now through Xerox and authorized vendors for $699 after a $50 rebate. Don’t need automatic duplexing? The WorkCentre 6505n is available now for $599 after a $50 rebate.
Purchase supplies and accessories through the Xerox website. A set of high capacity toner cartridges (CMYK) is $435.96. Xerox also offers standard capacity color cartridges (CMY) for $64.99 a piece.
Xerox includes a 1-year on-site warranty with the Xerox Total Satisfaction Guarantee for the WorkCentre 6505.