- Compact footprint
- Great print quality
- Ease of use
- B&W print speeds slightly slower than advertised
- Manual duplexing
Xerox is expanding into the small office market with the announcement of the Phaser 6010 Color LED printer along with four new products at the end of February. The Phaser 6010 is an ultra-compact single function color LED printer priced at $299 while still featuring the Hi-Q LED print engine and Xerox EA Eco toner technology found on Xerox’s high end professional graphic arts models. Read our full review today and find out if the Xerox Phaser 6010 would make a great addition to your home office or small business!
PHASER 6010 SPECIFICATIONS
- Single function color LED printer
- Print speeds: up to 15 ppm in black, 12 ppm in color
- Print resolution: up to 600 x 600 x 4 dpi
- Two-line LCD user interface
- 384MHz processor with 128MB memory
- Monthly duty cycle: up to 30,000 pages
- Paper capacity: 150-sheet tray, 10-sheet bypass tray
- Connectivity: USB 2.0, Ethernet
- Operating systems: Windows, Mac
- Energy Star qualified
- 1-year Quick Exchange Warranty with Xerox Total Satisfaction Guarantee
BUILD AND DESIGN
The Xerox Phaser 6010 has an incredibly compact footprint considering it’s a color laser-class printer. In the past, the box would be two times (or more) the size of the Phaser 6010. Its dimensions in nonuse are approximately 16 x 12 x 9 inches and it weighs in at less than 25 lbs.
I have to say that I know most businesses probably don’t care about the “design” of their printer, as long as it’s functional, but I really like the Phaser 6010’s transparent blue output bin and paper tray. Because of its’ small stature, there is a relatively small control panel consisting of a two-line LCD, a four directional navigation pad and four quick keys. Next to the control panel is the aforementioned transparent blue 100-sheet output bin that folds out when in use.
The front of the Phaser 6010 folds out to reveal the 150-sheet paper tray and 10-sheet bypass tray while users can access all four standard capacity toner cartridges (CMYK) by pulling open the panel on the right side of the Phaser 6010. Find all connection ports as well as access to the paper path on the back of the Phaser 6010.
Want to see this powerful little printer in action? Check out our hands-on video below!