The Brother MFC-825dw blows the MFC-J6710dw out of the water in print quality, print reliability and price while continuing to offer plenty of features such as a touchscreen, front side USB port, automatic duplexing, web connected applications and built-in wireless.
The biggest concern I have is that Brother felt the need to advertise such inflated print speeds – I have never come across an inkjet printer priced under $200 that can actually print 25 ppm, let alone 35 ppm. And the paper cassette was on the small side, a concern for businesses with a decent sized print flow.
Overall, I feel that the Brother MFC-J825dw could be an excellent addition to a home office or small workgroup but I’m still weary of recommending it to business or a medium sized workgroup due to a small paper capacity and average print speeds.
- 4-in-1 inkjet: print, scan, copy and fax
- Print speeds: up to 35 ppm in black and 27 ppm in color
- Print resolution: up to 6000 x 1200 dpi
- 3.3-inch touch screen w/ web connected apps
- Front side USB w/ built-in memory card reader
- Automatic duplexing
- CD/DVD/Blu-ray print
- Monthly duty cycle: 2500 sheets
- Paper capacity: 100-sheet paper tray, 20-sheet photo tray
- Connectivity: Hi-Speed USB 2.0, Ethernet, Wireless
- Operating systems: Windows, Mac OS
- Energy Star certified
- 2-year limited warranty
PRICING AND AVAILABILITY
The Brother MFC-J825dw is available now through Brother and authorized vendors for the suggested retail price of $149.99.
Brother includes a 2-year limited warranty with the MFC-J825dw, which is a nice feature since most manufacturers will charge you an additional fee for the second year.