The Galaxy S6 Edge is a more elegant version of the Galaxy S6, a device that’s become one of the most handsome phones on the market in its own right. Together, the two phones represent a massive aesthetic upgrade over every Galaxy phone that’s come before them. While the utility of a curved screen is still up in the air, the bends on the S6 Edge’s display don’t come off as a gimmick when you’re holding them. They’re implemented in a way that feels natural, turning the device into a genuine luxury item in the process.
Considering the Edge’s lofty price tag, that’s the only market that should be interested here—if you don’t have money to burn, the standard Galaxy S6 has all the essentials on tap. But if you can go all out, the S6 Edge lives up to the premium.
- Gorgeous design
- Spectacular QHD display
- Exceptionally fast performance
- One of the best cameras on the market
- No water or dust resistance
- Battery life is average for this class
- Front-facing camera is too
- Curved screen has little practical value