The Samsung Series 5 line of ultrathin laptops is available with your choice of either Intel Core i5 or Core i7 processors or AMD A6 or A10 “APU” processors with discrete-class Radeon graphics. The Series 5 is offered in both 13-inch and 14-inch varieties and comes with an impressive array of ports and a starting price of less than $700 in most US retail stores.
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (Windows 8 Ready)
- 14-inch LED HD anti-glare display (1366 x 768, 300 nits)
- AMD Quad-Core A10-4655M processor (2.1GHz clocks speed, 1MB cache) with AMD Radeon HD 7620G Graphics
- 4GB DDR3-1600 RAM (8GB max supported)
- 750GB 5400rpm HDD (upgraded to 128GB SSD – Samsung 830/MZ-7PC128)
- 802.11a/b/g/n wireless network adapter
- Internal Bluetooth v4.0
- Integrated 720p webcam
- DVD +/-RW Super Multi Dual Layer optical drive
- 1-year standard parts and labor warranty
- 8-cell Li-Po integrated battery
- 45W power adapter
- Weight: 3.99 lbs.
- Dimensions: 13.1 x 9.0 x 0.82 inches
- Excellent AMD price/performance
- Nice keyboard
- Impressive battery life
- Plastics are too thin in some spots
- 1366x768 resolution screen
- Slow HDD artificially limits performance
An overall impressive AMD-based ultrathin laptop that just needs a SSD to really blow you away.
Read Our Full Review: Samsung Series 5 Review: AMD at its Best