The X1 Carbon is the 14-inch business-class Ultrabook that replaces the old 13-inch ThinkPad X1. Loaded with third generation Intel Core processors, and high-speed solid state drives for storage, the X1 Carbon gets its name from the carbon fiber used in both the exterior and in the interior roll-cage construction. Carbon fiber allows the X1 Carbon to weigh just three pounds but it passes eight separate MIL spec tests (humidity, low temperature, high temperature, extreme temperatures, sand, altitude, vibration and mechanical shock).
- 14-inch HD+ anti-glare display (1600 x 900 and 300 nits)
- Intel Core i5-3427U dual-core low-voltage processor with vPro (1.8GHz, up to 2.8GHz Turbo Boost, 3MB cache, 17W TDP)
- Integrated Intel HD graphics 4000
- 4GB DDR3-1600 RAM (1x 4GB; non-upgradeable; max supported)
- 128GB SSD (SanDisk SD5SG2128G1052E)
- 802.11n wireless network adapter (Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205s)
- Internal Bluetooth v4.0
- 3G WWAN (Ericsson H5321gw)
- Integrated 720p webcam
- No internal optical drive
- 3-year limited warranty
- 45WHr polymer battery
- Weight: 3.0 lbs.
- Dimensions: 13.03 x 8.9 x 0.74 inches
- Fast, reliable performance
- Insanely light for a 14-inch device
- Great Audio
- Excellent visuals with crisp images and great color accuracy
- Display suffers in direct light due to limited brightness
The Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon is the best 14-inch business laptop on the market. Offering a high-quality design, solid display, strong performance and incredible battery life the notebook delivers on all fronts, but it comes at a price.
Read Our Full Review: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon (2015) Review: A Return to Form