Our Toshiba Portege Z835-P330 Best Buy Exclusive review unit has the following specifications:
- 13.3-inch glossy 720p display (1366×768 resolution)
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
- Intel Core i3-2367M dual-core processor (1.4GHz, 3MB cache, 17W TDP, Ultra Low Voltage)
- Intel HM65 chipset
- Integrated Intel HD graphics
- 4GB DDR3-1333 RAM (2GB soldered and 2GB stick; max. supported 6GB – 2GB soldered and 4GB stick )
- 128GB Toshiba Solid State Drive (SSD) (THNSNB128GMCJ)
- Intel WiFi Link 1000 BGN wireless network adapter
- No integrated Bluetooth
- Integrated VGA webcam
- No internal optical drive
- Non-upgradeable battery pack
- Weight: 2.4 lbs.
- Dimensions: 12.4 x 8.9 x 0.63 inches
- Price: $899.99 MSRP ($799.99 at Best Buy)
These specifications are the standard for an Ultrabook – most of them come with 4GB of RAM and a 128GB SSD. Our particular Z835 is exclusive to Best Buy and some corners were cut to hit the $899.99 price point (most Ultrabooks are over $1,000); this model has no Bluetooth and the least impressive processor available, a Core i3. Other configurations of the Portege Z830 series will offer faster Core i5 and i7 dual-core processors. Most users will not notice a difference between the three.
Performance and Benchmarks
The Core i3-2367M processor is an Ultra Low Voltage model and despite running at just 1.4GHz, it’s more than fast enough for most uses (for reference, standard-voltage Core i3 processors found in mainstream notebooks run at 2.1-2.4GHz). It’s good for all everyday tasks including surfing the Internet, watching HD video, and Microsoft Office. Something this notebook will not be good at is 3D gaming mainly because it has integrated graphics.
wPrime processor comparison results (lower scores mean better performance):
PCMark Vantage measures overall system performance (higher scores mean better performance):
PCMark 7 is a newer benchmark which measures overall system performance (higher scores mean better performance):
3DMark06 measures overall graphics performance for gaming (higher scores mean better performance):