Update thanks to Eliwood –
– Turion ML/MT CPU (varies depending on config)
– nForce4 core logic, including gigabit Ethernet
– 19″ WSXGA+ 1680×1050 LCD display
– Dual GeForce G70M “Ultra” 256MB graphics (this is not the normal 7800)
– 8 Channel Surround Sound, 4 embedded speakers
– MiniPCI expansion
– 15 lbs.
– 18″ x 13″ x ??
– TBA March 3rd
– Price: “About $5000″
– TBD by Alienware, Eurocom, Falcon NW and Voodoo PC and more.
WidowPC is about to blow the doors off the gaming notebook. The Sting 919 will feature a 19″ display, AMD CPU and two, yes two dedicated graphics cards from NVIDIA. Pricing is not yet known, though the system is expected to be released before the end of April.
WidowPC The Sting 919
The final specs are still being finalized as WidowPC works to ensure every part of this gaming beast is tight. They’re expected to use video cards from the NVIDIA 7800 family, in an effort to replicate desktop-style gaming performance on a notebook. Their giant 19″ display will also be “fast-response” meaning it won’t be a bottleneck when it comes to high-end gaming.
While The Sting 919 will certainly weigh a ton and not be very battery friendly, WidowPC is making every effort to keep it mobile. They’re also promising an advanced cooling system to make sure heat is not an issue. LAN party anyone?