Canon U.S.A. announced the availability of the uniFlow v5 Fleet Management Solution that leverages its multi-function product (MFP) portfolio.
Designed for IT managers looking for better control over networked environments, uniFlow v5 helps organizations better manage document management costs associated with office workflow processes and enhances document security.
Key new features in uniFlow v5 include:
- Third-party device support through the availability of popular functionality such as secure print, copy tracking and card authentication for several non-Canon models to better managed mixed print fleets.
- uniFlow v5 natively integrates with Canon Multifunction Embedded Application Platform (MEAP) devices, such as the imageRunner Advance series, and allows businesses to implement a secure print solution to non-MEAP enabled Canon MFPs, such as the imageRunner 2500 series and Color imageRunner C1030, without the need to install additional hardware.
- Support for NT-Ware’s microMind, a hardware solution that supports card authentication and secure job release on Single Function Printers (SFP) and third-party devices.
- Global workflows to enable rapid administration of printers in large fleet deployments and support for pushing customized workflows to an organization’s entire fleet.
- uniFlow v5 introduces “decision-based” workflow objects, allowing several workflows to be executed through a simple workflow editing tool based on pre-defined conditions.
- SQL Connector for import/export of data: new task-based application allowing greater customization of back-end functions including importation of cost center and other essential data directly into accounting and management systems.
- Universal driver enhancements to support booklet printing mode.
- Optical character recognition (OCR) barcode recognition and document conversion/compression that integrates natively with, among others, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SharePoint and several other DMS solutions.
- Integration with imageWare Secure Audit Manager.
uniFlow v5 is available through Canon Authorized Dealings with scanning workflow and security capabilities being introduced in early 2011.