The Toshiba Tecra M5 is now available from ToshibaDirect.com. The Tecra M5 is a portable business style notebook powered by the new Intel Core Duo processor. The Tecra M5 is the flagship notebook for Toshiba’s Tecra product family.
Following are the base specs for the Tecra M5-S433 Recommended Configuration ($1799)
- Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) Duo Processor T2400 (1.83GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 667MHz FSB)
- Operating System: Microsoft(R) Windows(R) XP Professional
- Display: 14.1-inch diagonal XGA (1024×768 native resolution)
- System Chipset: Mobile Intel(R) 945PM Express Chipset
- Graphics Controller: NVIDIA(R) Quadro(R) NVS 110M with 128MB DDR discrete graphics memory plus up to 128MB dynamically allocated shared graphics memory using NVIDIA(R) TurboCache technology
- Memory: 512 MB DDR2 667MHz SDRAM (max 4GB)
- Hard Drive: 100GB HDD (5400rpm, Serial-ATA)
- Optical Drive: Slim SelectBay DVD SuperMulti (+/-R double layer) drive
- Communications: Intel(R) PRO/Wireless Network Connection 3945ABG (802.11a/b/g), Intel(R) 10 Base-T/100 Base-TX/1000 Base-T Ethernet, Toshiba V.92 modem. Optional Bluetooth(R) v.2.0+EDR technology
- Ports: ExpressCard(TM) slot, PC Card slot, SecureDigit slot (supports SDIO)
- Video: RGB monitor port, S-Video port
- Audio: microphone jack, headphone jack
- Data: i.LINK(TM) IEEE-1394, 3–USB (v.2.0), RJ-45 LAN, RJ-11 modem, Serial, 240-pin docking port
- Battery: 6-cell lithium ion battery (4700mAh)
- Dimensions: 12.4-inch x 10.3-inch x 1.23/1.35-inch (f/r)
- Weight: Starting at 5.2 lbs.
- Warranty: Standard three-year limited warranty
With a chassis designed to deliver both mobility and performance, the Tecra M5 weighs 5.2 pounds, houses a 14-inch diagonal display and a six-cell battery for up to four hours of computing time. The Tecra M5 includes one-touch docking functionality by using the Advanced Port Replicator III+ for better cable management and faster desktop environment access.
The Tecra M5 uses Toshiba’s EasyGuard software. Toshiba’s EasyGuard is a series of hardware and software enhancements to business-class notebooks and Tablet PCs that help boost mobile security, system integrity, network connectivity and overall ease of use. EasyGuard technology consists of four elements: Protect & Fix, Secure, Connect and Optimize.
The Tecra M5 features proprietary technologies such as Toshiba’s recently upgraded ConfigFree and the company’s patented Diversity Antenna. ConfigFree is Toshiba’s intuitive graphic connectivity management utility created to simplify the connectivity experience when using wired and wireless Ethernet or Bluetooth(R). Toshiba’s Diversity Antenna design delivers superior wireless signal reception through the integration of strategically placed Bluetooth technology and dual-band Wi-Fi antennas in the notebook’s display.