Toshiba today announced the Satellite A135 notebook that will go on sale Feb. 20. The A135 with have dual hard drives, a Core Duo processor and have Windows Vista installed. The display will be a 15.4" widescreen TruBrite display.
The Satellite A135-S4499 will incorporate two 120GB serial ATA hard drives allowing for up to 240GB of total storage. The A135 will not be RAID enabled so you won’t be able to use striping to back up one hard drive to the other.
The high-end A135-S4499 will be sold for $1,499.99 and available with the Core 2 Duo T5500 1.66GHz, Vista Ultimate dual 120GB hard drives while other value versions such as the A135-S4427 will have a Core Duo processor, one 120GB hard drive and Windows Vista Home Premium and sell for $899.99. A third configuration, the Satellite A135-S4467, will have a 160GB hard drive, 1.73GHz Core Duo processor and 160GB hard drive and sell for $999.99.
The starting weight of these laptops will be somewhere just over 6lbs. Color choices will included Onyx Blue Metallic lid and Mist Gray. There will be no dedicated graphics offered.
Toshiba Satellite A135 notebook specs:
- Display: 15.4-inch diagonal widescreen TruBrite TFT active-matrix LCD display at 1280×800 native resolution (WXGA)
- Optical Drive: DVD SuperMulti (+/-R double layer) drive supporting 11 formats
- Memory: 1GB – 2GB
- Hard Drive: 120GB / 160GB / 2 x 120GB (240GB)
- Graphics: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 with 8MB-224MB dynamically allocated shared graphics memory
- Chipset: Mobile Intel 945GM Express Chipset
- Wireless: IntelPRO/Wireless Network Connection 3945ABG (802.11a/b/g)
- Audio: Sound Volume Control Dial
- Ports: 4 USB v. 2.0, RGB output port, S-Video output, headphone and microphone ports, RJ-45 LAN port, RJ-11 modem port, i-LINK IEEE-1394
- Slots: 5-in-1 Bridge Media Adapter (Secure Digital, Memory Stick™, Memory Stick PRO™, Multi Media Card, xD Picture Card (shared slots),Secure Digital slot supports SDIO); Two main memory slots (both may be occupied); PCMCIA – Type II/Type I Card slot
- Dimensions: 14.2 x 10.5 x 1.47-inches
- OS: Vista Home Premium or Vista Ultimate
- Integrated Audio and fingerprint reader on the high-end S4499
Satellite P105 and U205 Also to have Vista Soon
Toshiba also announced today that the Satellite P105 performance gaming notebook and the Satellite U205 ultraportable notebook will soon be available with Vista. The P105 will go on sale with Vista on January 30th and the Satellite U205 will go on sale with Vista on February 6th.