Toshiba today announced their first consumer-oriented netbook in the United States, the Toshiba mini NB205. Like the many compact, lightweight companion PCs already on the market, the mini NB205 makes it easy to stay connected and productive while on the go. With a design features a nearly full-sized keyboard and touchpad, promises nine hours of battery life and is offered in a variety of colors.
The Toshiba mini NB205 features a 10.1-inch diagonal widescreen LED display, a full QWERTY raised-tile keyboard and a “laptop-sized” touchpad, potentially making typing and navigating the Web easier and more comfortable than other netbooks. The mini NB205 comes with Windows XP, a Hard Drive with Impact Sensor that guards data from the daily bumps of mobile life and a USB port with “Sleep-and-Charge” that enables users to charge various handheld electronics (iPods, phones, etc.) even when the unit is turned off.
Toshiba also offers the mini NB205 with a standard one-year international limited warranty, giving Toshiba customers access to over 271 service providers worldwide.
There are two available configurations of the Toshiba mini NB205 series.
The mini NB205-N310 features a metallic textured finish, a chrome hinge and will be available in your choice of four different colors – Sable Brown, Frost White, Indigo Blue and Posh Pink.
The mini NB205-N210 features a Fusion Finish in Black Onyx cover and a flat keyboard with Black Matte finish.
In addition, the mini NB205 is power efficient and meets the rigorous requirements of the upcoming EnergyStar 5.0 standard, is RoHS compliant and achieved the Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool (EPEAT) Gold status.
Features available on the Toshiba mini NB205 include:
- 10.1-inch diagonal widescreen TruBrite backlit LED display (WSVGA)
- Windows XP Home operating system
- Intel Atom N280 processor (1.66GHz)
- 1GB DDR2 800MHz RAM, upgradeable to 2GB
- Spacious storage with a 160GB HDD2
- 802.11 b/g wireless and 10/100 Ethernet
- Bluetooth V2.1 + EDR (only available in mini NB205-N310)
- TOSHIBA Hard Drive Impact Sensor
- Weight: 2.9 lbs.
- Long-life 6-cell battery delivering up to 9 hours of productivity
- One USB port with Sleep-and-Charge and two additional USB 2.0 ports
- Built-in Webcam, speaker and microphone
- Toshiba PC Health Monitor
- RGB port for connecting to external displays
- Memory Card Reader Slot
- Security Lock Slot
- One-year international limited warranty and award-winning Toshiba service and support
Toshiba will also offer several Toshiba-branded accessories for the mini NB205 series, including a Portable DVD SuperMulti Drive, available today at an MSRP of $99.99, a USB Mini Retractable Mouse available later this month at an MSRP of $14.99 as well as 12-inch Envoy Fabric or Leather Carrying Cases available today. A 10-inch Dual Function Hardside Case and a 10.1-inch Neoprene Sleeve will also be available this month direct from Toshiba at www.toshibadirect.com.
Pricing and Availability:
The Toshiba mini NB205-N310 ($399.00) and mini NB205-N210 ($349.00) will both be available on June 23, 2009 at major retailers, e-tailers and direct from Toshiba on www.toshibadirect.com. Additionally, the mini NB205-N210 can be purchased through select Toshiba Preferred Partner Program resellers.