Sony has announced the VAIO N notebook series today. The VAIO N is a 15.4″ screen notebook available with an Intel Core Solo or Core Duo processor that comes in three flavors to match your home decor: creamy coffee brown, black or white.
Sony VAIO N black lid color version (view large image)
Based on the press release from Sony, they really are playing up the chic factor of this notebook more so than the technical specs of it. According to Mike Abary, vice president of VAIO product marketing, the VAIO N design was conceived for the “culturally creative” individual mind, who is focused on an “organic lifestyle.” “From the furniture you sit on to the artwork you hang on your walls, you coordinate every aspect of your home’s style so why hide your PC? These new notebooks are designed to accent your interior design, as well as your life.”
Sony VAIO N Wenge Brown color laptop (view large image)
So if you’re an organic food nut and keep lots of fine art on the walls of your home and would like a creamy coffee colored VAIO N to fit into the look of your living room, this laptop could be right up your ally!
Sony VAIO N white color laptop (view large image)
Outside of the design talk, the VAIO N does have some stuff inside that makes it work as a computer, and with a Core Duo (not Core 2 Duo) processor it’s not a weakling. But the graphics are integrated.
The VAIO N110G/W model that starts at $1,000 specs are as follows
- Intel Core Solo T1350 1.86GHz (Core Duo offered on higher configs)
- Integrated Intel 950 Media Accelerator Graphics
- 15.4″ XBRITE-ECO WXGA display (widescreen 1280 x 800)
- 80GB HD with 5400RPM spin
- Ports and Slots: Ethernet, headphone, microphone, FireWire, MemoryStick/SD slot, 2 USB 2.0 ports, monitor out, ExpressCard
- Weight: 6.8lbs
- Dimensions: 14.4″ (w) x 12″ – 16″ (h) x 10.5 (d)
- Wireless: 802.11a/b/g Intel 3945
- Colors: Wenge Brown, Black, White
Full specs for the VAIO N110G/W can be found here.