Samsung QX410 Notebook Now Available
Samsung has silently introduced a new notebook, the 14.1″ QX410. It features a Core i5 processor and a 4G WiMAX for under $900.
The QX410 is a Best Buy-only notebook at the moment and goes for $829.99 (currently backordered). It has the following specifications:
- 14″ glossy display (720p; 1366×768 resolution)
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
- Intel Core i5 dual-core processor (2.53GHz; Turbo Boost to 2.80GHz)
- Nvidia GeForce G310M 512MB graphics w/ Nvidia Optimus graphics-switching technology
- 4GB RAM
- 640GB 5400RPM hard drive
- DVD burner
- Up to 7 hours battery life
- Built-in 4G WiMAX (Sprint)
- Weight: 4.7 lbs.
- Dimensions: 13.7″ (W) x 9.7″ (D) x 1.1″ (H)
Notable features include the 4G WiMAX wireless, which is good for connecting for Sprint’s 4G network; Nvidia Optimus technology, which automatically switches between the more powerful Nvidia graphics and the integrated Intel HD graphics depending on usage; lastly, a built-in optical drive, which is being left out on more and more notebooks.