Ricoh made available the next generation of its Personal Paperless Document Manger v2 (PPDMv2), a platform that integrates seamlessly with its multi-function products (MFPs) to capture, combine, convert and share documents regardless of original format.
With the addition of more robust and dynamic features, PPDMv2 software converts scanned paper documents into electronic files and routes them to any destination via custom workflows created from a desktop computer. PPDMv2 also accommodates Ricoh, Savin and Lanier branded products.
According to Ricoh, some key product features and benefits include:
- Combine complex document conversion and routing operations into a single, automatic step.
- Standard support for Microsoft SharePoint, and the ability to send scanned files to, or retrieve files from, SharePoint servers with a few clicks.
- Accurate text capture from any document using a digital camera or smartphone.
- Create searchable PDF files, turn paper forms into PDF or Microsoft Word forms that can be edited or filled, and extract data from filled PDF or printed forms into spreadsheets or databases.
- Change, edit and mark up PDFs quickly without the need for separate software applications.
- Locate, review and edit phone numbers, email addresses, social security numbers and other alpha-numeric content easily with the intelligent Looks Like Search feature.
The PPDMv2 framework includes Desktop Module 12 for organizing, locating and sharing documents; PDF Converter 7 for viewing and editing PDFs without having to copy and reformat; OCR Module 17 for converting paper and PDFs into documents for editing, sharing and/or archiving.