Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. launched bizhub Secure, a professional service that will assist end-users with the setup of enhanced password protection and data security measures.
With data security a serious concern in today’s business and professional world, companies are anxious to protect sensitive organizational data that may be vulnerable to theft and unauthorized access, according to the vendor.
The new security services, offered on all bizhub MFPs, target locking down document data that resides on the devices internal hard drive (HDD). According to Konica Minolta, bizhub Secure services include: hard drive encryption; hard drive lock password; automatic deletion of temporary image data; and, data overwrite of electronic documents on a timed basis.
Additional details of the service include:
- Lock down the HDD with a 20 digit secure alphanumeric password with the help of a Konica Minolta field engineer
- Encryption of the entire contents of the bizhub HDD for enhanced data security
- Elimination of any trace of data even after it’s been deleted with Temporary Data Overwrite. Temporary Data
- Overwrite conforms to Department of Defense (DoD) methods
- Timing of the device to auto-delete any material located in personal/public user boxes and system user boxes