Panasonic Announces ToughBook S9 12″ Ultraportable
Panasonic today announced what they claim to be the world’s lightest 12.1″ notebook with an optical drive, the ToughBook S9. Weighing just three pounds, it features a Core i5-520M dual-core processor, a shock-mounted 320GB hard drive, and optional Gobi2000 mobile broadband.
The S9 does not skip on durability; its exterior casing is made of magnesium alloy. It is designed to survive a 30″ drop on its base while in use and can survive a 12″ drop from any angle. The S9 also has a spill-resistant keyboard and can withstand 220 lbs of pressure on its lid and base.
- 12.1-inch LED-backlit anti-glare display (1280×800)
- Intel Core i5-520M dual-core processor (2.4GHz/2.93GHz Turbo Boost)
- 320GB shock-mounted flex-connect hard drive
- 2GB DDR3 RAM, expandable to 6GB
- Up to 11 hours of battery life with standard battery
- DVD super multi drive
- HDMI and VGA out
- Optional integrated WWAN/Gobi2000 mobile broadband (EV-DO and HSPA)
- Intel Centrino Advanced N 6200 wireless
- 11.1″ (L) x 8.3″ (W) x 0.9~1.5″ (H)
- Three-year limited warranty
The ToughBook S9 is available now for MSRP $2,499 from authorized Panasonic distributors/resellers.