Here it comes – with the launch of Windows 7 and its native support of multitouch inputs, we’re going to see a lot of manufacturers take advantage in the run-up to the holiday season. MSI is out of the gate early with the impressively specced all-in-one Wind Top AE2220.
The new desktop offers users a 21.5-inch, 1080p multitouch display. While MSI didn’t go into specifics, chances are that it uses the industry-standard optical two-finger multitouch technology. Rather than sticking to the nettop form factor we’ve seen lately, the new Wind Top uses Intel Pentium Dual-core and Core 2 Duo processors as well as NVIDIA’s GeForce 9300 integrated graphics.
Three different configurations are already up for pre-order on Amazon, ranging in price from $649 all the way up to $899. Since the $649 price already includes multitouch functionality, there’s little doubt that this aggressive pricing strategy is aiming to put the hurt on competitors such as HP and Dell, who charge several hundred dollars more for their multitouch all-in-ones, built with essentially the same components.
- Processor: Intel Pentium Dual-core or Core 2 Duo
- Memory: 3 to 4GB DDR2 SDRAM
- Hard drive: 320 to 500GB SATA
- Optical drive: SuperMulti DVD+/-RW or Blu-ray ROM
- Display: 21.5-inch, 1920×1080 multitouch
- Operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9300 integrated
- Dimensions: 21.81 x 2.42 x 25.89 inches (WxDxH)
- Weight: 25 pounds
Be sure to check out the Amazon pre-order links for more information