MSI has announced its upcoming MSI GX60 notebook, targeting gamers who are interested in portability without sacrificing on gaming performance. MSI has stated it will make use of AMD technology and hardware in order to create a gaming notebook that promises unsurpassed HD graphic processing for gaming on the go. This feature heavy gaming laptop could be an exciting option for gamers looking to ditch their desktops.
The 15.6-inch LED backlit LCD screen features a full HD anti-glare display with a resolution of 1920×1080. Audio Boost will be included so that the THX TruStudio Pro surround sound will be suited for headphones or speakers, allowing gamers to be immersed in their game. The MSI GX60 will include DDR3 1600MHz memory, which will be available in sizes up to 16GB.
The MSI GX60 will boast an AMD A10 4600M Quad Core Processor, allowing for faster processing when playing graphic intensive games. The AMD Radeon HD 7970M Discrete Class Graphics will offer high definition graphics, as well as the capabilities to handle 3D graphics. Integrated into the MSI GX60 will be AMD’s Graphic Core Next (GCN) Architecture, which will optimize the performance of the GPU, allowing the notebook to efficiently reach max performance.
Gamers will be able to make use of up to three external displays with the MSI GX60, allowing for a panoramic gaming experience, thanks to the Eyefinity Multi-Display support; ports will include VGA, HDMP and mDP. The MSI GX60 will also be suited for 3D rendering as well as 3D video-editing. Killer Lan technology promises a smoother online gaming experience with less lag time and faster download speeds.
The MSI GX60 will also feature AMD Enduro technology, which maximizes battery life; an important feature for anyone playing graphic intensive games on the go. The AMD Enduro technology will have the ability to evaluate both graphics and application usage, and will turn off the discrete AMD Radeon HD GPU when it is not needed, saving on battery life.
A release date and price for the MSI GX60 has not been confirmed. However, MSI and AMD are marketing this notebook as high performance gaming with an affordable price. Gamers in the market for a new notebook might want to wait to see what the final price will be for this feature intensive laptop.
- CPU: AMD Quad-Core A10-Series processor
- OS: Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium
- Chipset: AMD AM70 FCH
- Memory: DDR3 1600MHz, support up to 16GB
- LCD Size: 15.6″ Full HD (1920×1080) LED backlight, Anti-glare
- Graphics: AMD RadeonTM HD 7970M Graphic Card
- Graphics VRAM: 2GB GDDR5
- Storage: 128GB Super RAID SSD + 750GB SATA 7200rpm HDD, 128GB Super RAID SSD + 500GB SATA 7200rpm HDD, two 750GB SATA 7200rpm HDDs, or two 500GB SATA 7200rpm HDDs
- Optical Drive: BD Writer / Blu-ray / DVD Super Multi
- Audio: Audio Boost, 2.1ch Speakers, THX TruStudio Pro virtual surround
- Webcam: HD Webcam (30fps@720p)
- Card Reader: SD(XC/HC)/MMC
- LAN: 10/100/1000 Killer E2200 series
- Wireless LAN: 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.0
- D-Sub (VGA): 1
- HDMI: 1(v1.4)
- USB 2.0 port: 1
- USB 3.0 port: 3
- eSATA: N/A
- eSATA/USB Combo: N/A
- Mic-in/Headphone-out: 1/1
- Line-in: 1
- Express Card: N/A
- Modem port: N/A
- AC Adapter: 180W
- Battery: 9-cell Li-Ion
- Dimensions: 395 x 267 x 55mm
- Weight: 3.5kg