Each month we compile data for the number of times a particular notebook is viewed on this site’s product pages to get an idea for what mainstream consumers are looking at and thinking about buying. While these laptops aren’t necessarily the most popular in terms of sales, they are the most popular based on the number of times our visitors clicked on them.
In that sense, think of this list as the “most clickable laptops of the month” … the notebooks that most of the people on this site are interested in learning about. Keep in mind that clicks directly on the “Most Popular Laptops” list do not count toward the total in order to keep the list as fair as possible each month. The only clicks that count toward the monthly totals come from web searches like Google or from visitors who have clicked on a laptop after visiting our “Notebook Database” or inside our forums.
This month most of the laptops on the list are the same as last month. The big news is that online sales and coupons have made an impact helping to raise the position of some notebooks like the Dell Inspiron 15 (1525). Apple’s recent update of the MacBook helped the new MacBook jump up to the Top 10, and the original ASUS Eee PC continues to show up in the Top 10 list despite multiple new Eee PCs on the market. The Acer Aspire One also made another impressive showing at number three on the list.
1. HP Pavilion dv5t (Previously #1) – The dv5t features an Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, up to 4096MB DDR2 System Memory, NVIDIA GeForce Go graphics available and 15.4″ diagonal WXGA BrightView Widescreen.
|2. Dell Inspiron 1525 (Previously #5) – The Inspiron 1525 is a Core 2 Duo powered 15.4″ screen notebook from Dell. The Inspiron 1525 has Intel X3100 integrated graphics, an Intel Core 2 Duo processor and a thinner and lighter form factor than the previous Inspiron 1520.|
3. Acer Aspire One (Previously #2) – The Aspire One is the latest “netbook” from Acer, offering a convenient, compact design at a budget price. The Aspire One features an Intel Atom Processor, 8.9″ WSVGA TFT LCD, and a choice of either Genuine Windows XP Home Edition or Linpus Linux Lite version.
4. Lenovo ThinkPad T400 (Previously #4) – The ThinkPad T400 features an Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 14.1″ LED-backlight widescreen, up to 8GB of PC2-8500 and integrated Intel X4500 or ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470.
|5. Apple MacBook (New to the top 10) – With Intel Core 2 Duo processors, Nvidia 9400M graphics, an optional 128GB solid state drive (SSD), and a stylish yet tough design, the new MacBook promises to be one impressive 13-inch notebook.|
6. HP Pavilion dv4t (new to the top 10) – The dv4t features an Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, up to 4GB DDR2 System Memory, NVIDIA GeForce Go graphics available and 14.1″ diagonal WXGA BrightView Widescreen.
7. Asus Eee PC (Previously #7) – The Asus Eee PC 701 notebook uses a Linux based OS that Asus has customized themselves. It has a 7″ screen and only weighs 2 lbs. The Eee PC is now also available with Windows XP.
8. Dell XPS M1330 (Previously #10) – The XPS M1330 stays solid on the charts at #5 for the month. The M1330 is a 13.3″ portable notebook with the Intel Santa Rosa processor, Nvidia 8400M graphics and slick looks. The M1330 is available in red, black and white color lid options.
9. Toshiba Satellite A305 (Previously #6) – The Satellite A305 laptops use the TruBrite 15.4-inch high definition diagonal widescreen display to get more from movies, games, spreadsheets and multitasking. The “Fusion finish” adds an extra level of durability and sexiness to this laptop. Available dedicated graphics and dual hard drives help this notebook really perform.
10. Sony VAIO Z (new to the top 10) – The VAIO Z notebook features a 13.1″ XBRITE-DuraView LCD, Intel Centrino 2 Processor and an optional 128GB solid state drive technology … making it an attractive alternative to the Apple MacBook.
And here’s the rest of ’em rounding out the top 20 most viewed and popular on NotebookReview.com for the month of October:
11. Dell XPS M1530
12. Lenovo ThinkPad T61
13. Sony VAIO FW
14. Dell Latitude E6400
15. Dell Inspiron Mini 9
16. Dell Studio 15
17. Sony VAIO SR
18. HP Pavilion tx2500z
19. Apple MacBook Pro
20. Toshiba Satellite A200 / A205
Remember, to get advice on which notebook to buy don’t just go with what’s popular, visit our What Notebook Should I Buy forum to ask what everyone else thinks you should buy based on your needs. Check out how the current standings for this weeks most popular notebooks looks.
Top 20 Threads for October
While we’re on the subject of top 20, to give an idea of what the hot topics were in the forums last month, here’s a list of the most viewed forum threads posted in October:
- Sony VAIO S Series Upgrade Guides (pics) (poster mysngoterased, posted 10/21/2008, 68217 views, 40 replies)
- CPU Whine on M1330 (poster Murdoc, posted 10/31/2008, 54907 views, 476 replies)
- MacBook Pro 2.53Ghz review (56k warning!) (poster WilliamG, posted 10/16/2008, 30321 views, 288 replies)
- ASUS G50VT-X1 with Nvidia 9800M Review and Initial Impression (poster howard911s, posted 10/17/2008, 26619 views, 327 replies)
- Apple Announces New MacBook Pro, MacBook, and MacBook Air (poster Kevin, posted 10/14/2008, 20809 views, 141 replies)
- Nvidia 9400M performance on New Macbooks. how fast? (poster PhilFlow, posted 10/14/2008, 17965 views, 74 replies)
- Guest Editorial: Apple “MehBooks” and the Future of Macs (poster lewdvig, posted 10/28/2008, 17586 views, 539 replies)
- ASUS G50VT-X1 with Nvidia 9800M at Best Buy (poster kenbx84, posted 10/16/2008, 14050 views, 169 replies)
- Best Buy discontinuing 7811FX? (poster Poizonous, posted 10/6/2008, 13668 views, 344 replies)
- M1330 and Vista x64 (64-bit) redux… How I got it working! (poster DeaconBoogie, posted 10/6/2008, 13611 views, 54 replies)
- Just got my K|N QX9300 Nagamaki (poster mhooper1125, posted 10/18/2008, 9795 views, 522 replies)
- Asus M51Ta Owners’ Lounge (poster Tshroom, posted 10/5/2008, 9611 views, 145 replies)
- Fallout 3 Performance Thread (poster MastaMarek, posted 10/28/2008, 9508 views, 123 replies)
- Dell Latitude E4200 Info (poster monakh, posted 10/4/2008, 8242 views, 89 replies)
- Far Cry 2 Preformance? (poster klok99ah, posted 10/22/2008, 8117 views, 168 replies)
- The new Apple Macbook vs. Sony Vaio Z thread (poster cec2, posted 10/19/2008, 7919 views, 137 replies)
- New MacBook Pro 2.53Ghz review coming soon! (poster WilliamG, posted 10/14/2008, 7823 views, 135 replies)
- Dell Announces The Inspiron Mini 12: The Netbook Everyone Wants for Christmas (poster JerryJ, posted 10/26/2008, 7661 views, 77 replies)
- The New Gateway Gaming Laptop is HERE ( P-7801u) (poster TipTip, posted 10/18/2008, 7473 views, 132 replies)
- Apple MacBook Review (Late 2008 Model) (poster JerryJ, posted 10/27/2008, 7420 views, 101 replies)