Each month we compile data for the number of times a particular notebook is viewed on this site’s product pages to get an idea for what mainstream consumers are looking at and thinking about buying. While these laptops aren’t necessarily the most popular in terms of sales, they are the most popular based on the number of times our visitors clicked on them.
In that sense, think of this list as the "most clickable laptops of the month" … the notebooks that most of the people on this site are interested in learning about. There were no big surprises for the month of March as most of the laptops in the top ten have been popular for a while. The Dell XPS M1530 maintained strength in the top spot and the Dell Vostro 1500 and Lenovo ThinkPad R61 returned to the top 10 list.
1. Dell XPS M1530 (previously #1) – The Dell XPS M1530 is the larger brother to the XPS M1330. It’s a 15.4-inch screen sleek looking performance notebook that offers the powerful nVidia 8600m graphics card. The XPS M1530 is available in black, red, midnight blue and white colors.
2. Lenovo ThinkPad T61 (Previously #2) – The ThinkPad T61 was released in May of 2007 and is still holding strong on the most popular charts. The T61 sports the Intel Santa Rosa (Centrino Duo) platform and improves upon the popular T60 by offering an even sturdier build and extra port options.
3. Toshiba Satellite A200 (previously #4) – The Satellite A200 / A205 series is a 15.4" screen mainstream offering from Toshiba. It has Core 2 Duo inside and ATI dedicated graphics is configurable with this notebook.
|4. Dell XPS M1330 (Previously #3) – The XPS M1330 stays solid on the charts at #5 for the month. The M1330 is a 13.3" portable notebook with the Intel Santa Rosa processor, Nvidia 8400M graphics and slick looks. The M1330 is available in red, black and white color lid options.|
|5. Sony VAIO SZ (Previously #6) – Performance in a small package, that sums up the Sony VAIO SZ. The bright glossy 13.3" display is powered by dedicated graphics and the Intel Santa Rosa platform for an extra performance boost. Sony recently released the VAIO SZ6 series.|
6. Apple MacBook (previously #10) – The MacBook is a 13.3-inch notebook from Apple that’s been popular for some time now. The MacBook comes with the Leopard OS, Intel Core 2 Duo Penryn processor, Intel X3100 graphics and of course the sleek Apple design you would expect.
7. Lenovo ThinkPad R61 (back in the top ten) – The Lenovo ThinkPad R61 is a 14.1" or 15.4" screen notebook available with a Core 2 Duo (Santa Rosa) processor, optional integrated camera, roll cage in the lid and built-in media card and FireWire
8. HP Pavilion dv6700t (previously #8) – The HP dv6700t Entertainment Notebook PC is the replacement for the popular dv6500t. This laptop delivers a 15.4" Brightview display, dazzling high-gloss design, Intel’s Core Duo processors and the option to upgrade to an Nvidia GeForce 8400M GS graphics card with 256MB dedicated video memory.
9. Dell Vostro 1500 (back in the top ten) – The Vostro 1500 is a terrific balance of performance and portability, featuring extensive technology options, enhanced wireless connectivity, exceptional durability, and many features great for business users.
10. Dell Inspiron 1525 (Previously #5) – The Inspiron 1525 was released in early January. It has a 15.4-inch screen display and is thinner and lighter than the previous Inspiron 1520. There are no dedicated graphics options for the 1525, but it does offer a range of processor configurations from the budget minded Celeron to the powerful Core 2 Duo.
And here’s the rest of ’em rounding out the top 20 most viewed and popular on NotebookReview.com for the month of March:
12. Sony VAIO FZ
14. Asus Eee PC
15. Sony VAIO NR
17. Sony VAIO CR
19. Dell Vostro 1400
Remember, to get advice on which notebook to buy don’t just go with what’s popular, visit our What Notebook Should I Buy forum to ask what everyone else thinks you should buy based on your needs. Check out how the current standings for this weeks most popular notebooks looks.
Top 20 Threads for March
While we’re on the subject of top 20, to give an idea of what the hot topics were in the forums last month, here’s a list of the most viewed forum threads posted in March:
- Area-51 m15x Update from Alienware (poster Alienware-Frank, posted 3/12/2008, 27847 views, 527 replies)
- The Official m15x Owners Lounge II (poster Xenon345, posted 3/11/2008, 22131 views, 606 replies)
- Asus M50SV Review, photos, games and benchmark (poster GenTechPC, posted 3/13/2008, 18237 views, 200 replies)
- Windows Vista SP1 Now Available … Is It Worth It? (poster Kevin, posted 3/18/2008, 16709 views, 112 replies)
- Back from Cebit. Clevo releases new NB. (poster kaltmond, posted 3/4/2008, 14680 views, 252 replies)
- An official statement regarding overheating issues on the Alienware m15x. (poster Alienware-Steve, posted 3/11/2008, 14281 views, 107 replies)
- Windows Vista SP1 was released! (poster McGrady, posted 3/17/2008, 13412 views, 336 replies)
- Clevo M860TU (poster scooberdoober, posted 3/4/2008, 12406 views, 241 replies)
- LG P300 Review (poster Kevin, posted 3/5/2008, 10917 views, 94 replies)
- Vista SP1 (poster justinluck, posted 3/17/2008, 8029 views, 107 replies)
- M15X Cracks!!! (poster westcoastgeek, posted 3/10/2008, 7867 views, 50 replies)
- Penryn T9300 XPS M1530 Benchmarks (poster corujo712, posted 3/10/2008, 6894 views, 94 replies)
- Asus Announces New 8.9" Eee PC (poster Kevin, posted 3/3/2008, 6445 views, 77 replies)
- Alienware M15x Uk Orders (poster jcharnley, posted 3/18/2008, 6026 views, 313 replies)
- Vista SP1 Performance Before and After (poster scooberdoober, posted 3/18/2008, 5506 views, 105 replies)
- 174.31 is out! (From Microsoft) (poster n0elia, posted 3/1/2008, 5103 views, 90 replies)
- Dell E5000 and E6000 Sneak Peek (poster Kevin, posted 3/22/2008, 5002 views, 56 replies)
- T61 Vista SP1 (32-bit) Update Experience (poster BigPlaya, posted 3/18/2008, 4874 views, 52 replies)
- Vista SP1 is now available (poster PTravel, posted 3/18/2008, 4870 views, 72 replies)
- Some News for m9750 Owners (8800m GTX and Memory) (poster KockM, posted 3/13/2008, 4840 views, 126 replies)