Each month we compile data for the number of times a particular notebook is viewed on this sites product pages to get an idea for what mainstream consumers are looking at and thinking about buying. Not surprising, the Apple MacBook Air generated a lot of excitement with its announcement this January and so it rocketed up to the #2 spot in just a few days time. However, the Dell XPS M1530 maintained strength in the top spot.
1. Dell XPS M1530 (new to top ten) – The Dell XPS M1530 is the larger brother to the XPS M1330. It’s a 15.4-inch screen sleek looking performance notebook that offers the powerful nVidia 8600m graphics card. The XPS M1530 is available in black, red, midnight blue and white colors.
|2. Apple MacBook Air (new to top ten) – The Apple MacBook Air burst onto the scene this month at MacWorld 2008. It’s the thinnest notebook ever. It has a 13.3-inch wide screen display and weighs only 3lbs. It comes equipped with an Intel Core 2 Duo low voltage processor and your choice of a speedy 64GB SSD drive or slow 4200RPM 80GB 1.8" hard drive.|
3. Lenovo ThinkPad T61 (Previously #2) – The ThinkPad T61 was released in May of 2007 and is still holding strong on the most popular charts. The T61 sports the Intel Santa Rosa (Centrino Duo) platform and improves upon the popular T60 by offering an even sturdier build and extra port options.
|4. Dell XPS M1330 (Previously #4) – The XPS M1330 stays solid on the charts at #5 for the month. The M1330 is a 13.3" portable notebook with the Intel Santa Rosa processor, Nvidia 8400M graphics and slick looks. The M1330 is available in red, black and white color lid options.|
5. Toshiba Satellite A200 (previously #5) – The Satellite A200 / A205 series is a 15.4" screen mainstream offering from Toshiba. It has Core 2 Duo inside and ATI dedicated graphics is configurable with this notebook.
|6. Sony VAIO SZ (Previously #6) – Performance in a small package, that sums up the Sony VAIO SZ. The bright glossy 13.3" display is powered by dedicated graphics and the Intel Santa Rosa platform for an extra performance boost. Sony recently released the VAIO SZ6 series.|
7. Dell Inspiron 1525 (new to top ten) – The Inspiron 1525 was released in early January. It has a 15.4-inch screen display and is thinner and lighter than the previous Inspiron 1520. There are no dedicated graphics options for the 1525, but it does offer a range of processor configurations from the budget minded Celeron to the powerful Core 2 Duo.
8. Dell Vostro 1500 (Previously # 8) – The Dell Vostro 1500 is much like the Inspiron 1520 — it has a 15.4" display, the same build and for the most part the same port configuration. However, it is aimed at business users and is therefore all black in its looks. You can also configure it with Windows XP. The Vostro 1500 comes with the latest Intel Santa Rosa platform.
9. Dell Inspiron 1520 (Previously #3) – Dell announced the Inspiron 1520 at the end of June and since then the Inspiron 1520 has been tearing up the charts. This Dell mainstream 15.4" has the Intel Santa Rosa platform on board and comes in 8-different color selections. As usual, it can be configured to your heart’s delight.
10. Apple MacBook (back in top ten) – The MacBook is a 13.3-inch notebook from Apple that’s been popular for some time now. The MacBook comes with the Leopard OS, Intel Core 2 Duo processor, Intel X3100 graphics and of course the sleek Apple design you would expect.
And here’s the rest of ’em rounding out the top 20 most viewed and popular on NotebookReview.com for the month of January:
10. Asus Eee PC
11. Sony VAIO FZ
14. Dell Vostro 1400
16. Sony VAIO NR
17. Acer Aspire 5520
18. Dell Vostro 1000
Remember, to get advice on which notebook to buy don’t just go with what’s popular, visit our What Notebook Should I Buy forum to ask what everyone else thinks you should buy based on your needs. Check out how the current standings for this weeks most popular notebooks looks.
Top 20 Threads for January
While we’re on the subject of top 20, to give an idea of what the hot topics were in the forums last month, here’s a list of the most viewed forum threads posted in January:
- P-16831fx gateway 8800m gts (poster bwhxeon, posted 1/8/2008, 56045 views, 658 replies)
- The Official m15x Owners Lounge (poster mrwater, posted 1/23/2008, 31132 views, 372 replies)
- Apple MacBook Air Announced at MacWorld ’08 (poster Andrew, posted 1/15/2008, 25630 views, 399 replies)
- How do I fix my m1530 Grainy Screen? (poster flyinfungi, posted 1/9/2008, 19702 views, 341 replies)
- Gateway P-6831FX User Review (poster lewdvig, posted 1/18/2008, 18352 views, 234 replies)
- ThinkPad X300 Information Leaks Out (poster Chaz, posted 1/19/2008, 13468 views, 94 replies)
- Dell Inspiron 1525 Review (poster JerryJ, posted 1/3/2008, 10838 views, 81 replies)
- Vostro 1500 display makes noise when dimmed (poster razorbladez, posted 1/8/2008, 9980 views, 4 replies)
- Best Free Software for Windows (poster Calvin, posted 1/8/2008, 9366 views, 247 replies)
- Macbook Air… will it succeed? (poster hollownail, posted 1/15/2008, 8498 views, 213 replies)
- Dell XPS M1330 Midnight Blue – 2008 Version (poster sinstoic, posted 1/15/2008, 7145 views, 57 replies)
- New Thinkpad (poster cawang, posted 1/1/2008, 6900 views, 49 replies)
- Comodo Firewall-now available for Vista (poster blackmamba, posted 1/12/2008, 6613 views, 190 replies)
- Nvidia GeForce 9500M GS 512MB in new Asus laptop… (poster goke313, posted 1/7/2008, 6475 views, 68 replies)
- Dell Penryn? (poster crinzema, posted 1/25/2008, 6454 views, 64 replies)
- Macbook Air (poster MYK, posted 1/13/2008, 6430 views, 88 replies)
- m15x Is Offically Coming Out Friday! (poster MICHAELSD01, posted 1/7/2008, 6025 views, 115 replies)
- LG Vs Samsung Side by side photos (poster dvmxps1530, posted 1/23/2008, 5950 views, 71 replies)
- NP5792 impressions so far (chime in!) (poster christianpma, posted 1/3/2008, 5897 views, 92 replies)
- NP9262 Arrived (poster Exitium, posted 1/2/2008, 5888 views, 91 replies)