iD Software is known for several famous titles: Doom, Quake. Wolfenstein, as well as the various alternates and sequels. This weekend, Steam, the well-known digital distribution channel for video games, is offering the “iD Super Pack”, a collection of almost every iD title for half-off.
The deal includes twenty-two different software packages. Buying the titles singularly would run over two hundred dollars; buying the pack generally costs around seventy. Right now, however, they’re charging just $34.99, which is a stellar value for some of the most storied games available anywhere.
It’s a fantastic chance to get hours and hours of gaming in for less than the price of a single current title, and most of the games are still just as fun as the day that they launched. It goes to show that just because some games might not have the latest graphics, doesn’t mean that they still can’t be a heck of a lot of fun. Best of all, the list includes Commander Keen, the original five episode adventure of a supergenius eight-year old named Billy Blaze.
The iD Super Pack includes the following titles:
- Quake III Arena
- Wolfenstein 3D
- Ultimate DOOM
- Final DOOM
- DOOM II
- QUAKE II
- QUAKE II Mission Pack: The Reckoning
- QUAKE II Mission Pack: Ground Zero
- QUAKE III: Team Arena
- HeXen: Deathkings of the Dark Citadel
- Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders
- Spear of Destiny
- Return to Castle Wolfenstein
- QUAKE Mission Pack 2: Dissolution of Eternity
- QUAKE Mission Pack 1: Scourge of Armagon
- DOOM 3
- HeXen II
- DOOM 3 Resurrection of Evil
- Master Levels for Doom II
- Commander Keen