HP will soon be adding to its Pavilion DV line of notebooks with the dv4000 15.4-inch widescreen notebook. The Compaq Presario v4000 will be released at the same time, it is very similar to the dv4000 but with slightly different design, software load and hardware components.
HP dv4000 Front View (view larger image)
The dv4000 can be found on the HP website support pages currently at the following location: HP Pavilion dv4000 support
However, it is not yet available for purchase and the specs are not available on the HP site, but below are what we know so far for the specs.
Specs for HP dv4000 and Compaq v4000
- Intel Pentium M “Sonoma” processor family with 1.3GHz to 2.0GHz speed processors (Celeron processors and older Pentium M processors will also be available for configuration)
- Intel integrated Extreme Graphics (64MB or 128MB options)
- RAM expandable up to 2GB
- 15.4-inch widescreen
- 6-in1 Digital Media Card Reader
- 1 PCMCIA card slot
- 1 Express Card slot
- 802.11 and Bluetooth wireless
- 10.1 inches x 14.1 inches x 1.32 inches (length x width x height)
- 40GB – 100GB hard drive with 5400RPM option for up to 80GB hard drive
- Brightview screen option available
- 24x DVD/CD-RW combo or DVD+/-RW (single and dual layer) available as options
The HP dv4000 and Compaq v4000 will differ slightly in design and such things as LED colors and functionality of the touchpad (v4000 will have 4-way directional support, dv4000 is just 2-way), but no huge differences we know of outside of these cosmetic and some other mild software differences.
The design and functionality is very much so like the smaller 14-inch screen Pavilion dv1000 and Presario v2000 notebooks that have been very popular with consumers. These new releases will now give buyers the choice of a slightly larger notebook and newer processors. It’s a shame that HP has not included a dedicated graphics processor, but other than that the specs look nice and the prices should be pretty good on these notebooks.
HP Pavilion dv4000 (view larger image)
Compaq Presario v4000 above view (view larger image)
- NotebookReview.com HP Pavilion dv4000 Image Gallery (8 images)
- NotebookReview.com Compaq v4000 Image Gallery (8 images)
- HP Pavilion dv1000 Product Pricing and Info
- Compaq v2000 Product Pricing and Info
More to Come
We will be featuring the soon to be released HP zv6000 and Compaq Presario R4000 in another article later this week.