HP will be releasing the configurable dv2600 laptop this week with the same Verve design as that seen on the Best Buy dv2550se laptop sold earlier in the summer. The HP dv2600 was featured this weekend at a tech show in Singapore.
(view large image)
The dv2600 is already featured on the Australian HP website and drivers for this particular dv2600 edition are up on the U.S. website as well. On the Aussie website you can find the following quote: "HP Pavilion dv2600 Special Edition delivers the very best in digital entertainment with the latest processor technology that hands you a powerful computing platform with performance to spare. It is as individual as you are, featuring a special ‘verve’ graphic inspired by the fluidity of life, laser-etched by an inlaid moulding process."
(view large image)
I’m not sure about that zen-like fluidity of life reference, but the design sure looks nice. The copper color accents are a favorite of mine. The dv2600 will have the same configuration possibilities as the dv2500t notebook, meaning configuration options and specs will be the following:
- Processor: Intel Centrino Duo (Core 2 Duo) up to 2.20GHz
- Memory: Up to 4GB Ram
- Graphics: Intel X3100 or NVIDIA 8400M
- OS: Windows Vista
- Optical Drive: 24X DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive OR, Super Multi 8X DVD +- R/RW with Double Layer Support (s) OR, LightScribe Super Multi 8X DVD +- R/RW with double layer support
- Wireless: Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection OR, Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection & Bluetooth TM, Intel PRO/Wireless 4965AGN Network Connection & Bluetooth
- Ports: 3 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0, 2 Headphone out, 1 microphone-in, 1 VGA (15-pin), 1 TV-Out (S-video), 1 RJ-11 (modem), 1 RJ -45 (LAN), 1 notebook expansion port 3, 1 IEEE 1394 Firewire (4-pin), 1 Consumer IR
- Built-in web camera
- "Verve" Imprint finish
- Weight: 5.8lbs
- Dimensions: 13.15" (L) x 9.33" (W) x 1.02" (min H)/1.54" (max H)
Expect the dv2600 to show up for purchase on the HP website this week.