HP has announced a firmware update for select LaserJet printers and multifunction printers (MFPs) that delivers the latest mobile printing technology.
The firmware update allows the select HP devices to be connected to the HP cloud, and enables the latest mobile print functionality on the devices, including HP ePrint Wireless Direct and AirPrint.
HP ePrint Wireless Direct Printing allows users to connect directly to supported HP ePrint-enabled printers without the need for network or internet connections. AirPrint enables Apple iPad, iPad 2, iPhone and iPod touch customers using iOS 4.2 or later to print wirelessly from select apps and native programs directly to any AirPrint-enabled HP LaserJet printer or MFP without the need to install drivers.
With the firmware update, the select HP LaserJet devices also will support the latest generation mobile print apps recently announced by HP whether they are at home, the office or an HP ePrint public print location like FedEx Office.
The select devices include:
- HP LaserJet Pro CP1025nw Color Printer – HP ePrint Wireless Direct Printing and AirPrint
- HP LaserJet Pro M1217nfw MFP – HP ePrint Direct Printing and AirPrint
- HP LaserJet Pro P1102/1102s series – AirPrint
- HP LaserJet Pro P1560 series/P1600 series – AirPrint
- HP LaserJet Pro 100 color MFP 175nw – AirPrint
All HP LaserJet printers supporting HP ePrint that were manufactured after the availability of the new firmware will be shipped with the functionality and will not need to be manually updated.