HP is offering peripherals support to Apple users as they upgrade to the OS X Mountain Lion, the vendors latest OS release.
HP’s goal is to make the transition to the new operating system release as smooth as possible, ensuring compatibility with HP products. The two companies have, reportedly, been working together closely to ensure the OS upgrade and drivers are easy to install.
HP is also hosting a dedicated Service and Support Expert Day on August 15, 2012. The company is making available support professionals to answer customer questions about OS X Mountain Lion, iOS and AirPrint for HP products and peripherals.
According to HP, customers upgrading to Mountain Lion from Snow Leopard can continue to use the previously installed HP print drivers and software following the upgrade. For customers purchasing a new Mac running Mountain Lion, HP’s latest print software for most printers, AiOs, and MFPs can be installed using Software Update in Mountain Lion.
Software updates for new models of HP printers are available now through http://www.hp.com/support:
- HP Deskjet 2510 All-in-One Printer
- HP Deskjet 3520 e-All-in-One Printer
- HP Officejet 4620 e-All-in-One Printer
- HP Officejet 6100 ePrinter
- HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One Printer
Updates for the following new models will be available in the coming weeks:
- HP LaserJet Pro400 M400 series
- HP LaserJet Pro 400 MFP M425 series
- HP LaserJet Enterprise 500 MFP M525 series
- HP LaserJet Enterprise 500 color MFP M575 series
The following models are supported using AirPrint within Mountain Lion.
- HP LaserJet Pro P1102 Printer series
- HP LaserJet Pro P1606 Printer series
- HP LaserJet Pro M1217nfw MFP series