HP today announced a new portfolio of Voodoo-branded PCs, featuring world-class customization options. The Voodoo Omen desktop will be available only to customers who have previously purchased a Voodoo PC by invitation.
The new Voodoo Omen has clean lines and classic looks. The chassis can be customized by customers, who can add paint finishes and custom side panels in materials such as glass, leather, and wood. The Voodoo Omen has been completely redesigned and features an all-aluminum chassis.
A 7-inch auxilary LCD is built into the chassis; it can be used to show additional information such as game stats or music videos. The Omen essentially has a tool-less architecture; no tools are required for hard drive or video card access. The Omen is built using industry-standard components. The quad radiator and integrated cooper cooling pipes have been built directly into the chassis. Air flow through the PC is bottom to top; the motherboard has been turned 90 degrees. The Omen features battery-powered interior lighting.
The Omen has the following specifications:
- ASUS Striker Extreme II (Nvidia 790i chipset)
- 1150W PSU (air cooled)/1300W (liquid cooled)
- Intel Core 2 Extreme quad-core Q9770 or Q9650
- Up to 8GB of Corsair PC-14440 DDR3 RAM
- 6 hard drive bays, can accomodate SSDs or HDDs
- Supports Nvidia SLI and ATI CrossFireX
- Windows Vista Home Premium or Ultimate, 64-bit
- One or two slot-loading optical drives, Blu-ray available
- Onboard audio, Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer, or X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Professional sound
- Includes Voodoo Razer Keyboard and Mouse
The new Voodoo Omen is available to customers who have preivously purchased Voodoo PCs by invitation only; configurations start from $7,000.