Getac Intros Rugged Tablet with i7 Processor
Getac has introduced its V200 rugged convertible, which the company says is the world’s most powerful fully rugged convertible notebook. Key features include:
- An Intel Core i7-620LM dual-core processor running at 2.0GHz (2.8GHz max. Turbo frequency)
- A 12.1″ widescreen display with Getac’s 1200 NITs QuadraClear technology; the display also has resistive multi-touch technology so the touch-screen functionality works even with gloves on
- MIL-STD-810G and IP65 compliant
- Full magnesium alloy casing
- Shock-mounted 320GB hard drive and sealed I/O caps (also available with 80GB SSD)
- Full-size 88-key keyboard
- GPS and 3G-Gobi 2000 technology
- Fingerprint and SmartCard reader
- Ability to operate in temperatures as low as -20*C.
- LifeSupport battery swapping system; once the computer is in sleep mode, users have two minutes to swap a depleted battery out for a fresh one
- 5-year bumper-to-bumper warranty; covers accidental damage and damage due to environmental exposure
The Getac V200 will be available at the beginning of October through authorized Getac dealers starting at $3,799.