Getac Inc., a leading manufacturer of rugged computers, is introducing the X500 Mobile Server. Designed for mobile command centers, the new briefcase-size X500 sever is a commercial off-the-shelf (COTS), high-performance, mobile rugged server that allows quick deployment and can be easily transported into emergency, disaster and temporary environments.
The X500 rugged mobile server is built from a quad core X500 ultra-rugged notebook, and adds a RAID expansion chassis, complete with RAID controller board and up to five shock-protected storage drives that can be easily accessed or swapped through one of two quick access doors. Embedded inside the RAID expansion chassis is a RAID controller card for enterprise-class server applications. The X500 Server supports RAID levels 0, 1 and 5 and includes software designed to make it easy to view, monitor and configure the storage as needed.
The X500 rugged mobile server is powered by an Intel Core i7-820QM 1.73 GHz quad core processor with 16GB of RAM. Additionally, the server features NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M discrete graphics with 1GB of memory and comes standard with an integrated 15.6-inch QuadraClear sunlight-readable display with an impressive brightness rating of 800NITs.
Key features of the X500 rugged mobile server include:
- Windows Server 2012
- Intel Core i7-820QM 1.73 GHz quad core processor
- 16GB RAM
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M discrete VGA with 1GB memory
- 15.6-inch 800NITs QuadraClear sunlight readable display
- 500GB SATA Notebook Storage
- Up to 5TB RAID storage (RAID 0, 1 or 5 data management)
- Dual 10/100/1000 base-T Ethernet ports
- Three USB 2.0 ports and one USB/eSATA combo port
- Two serial 9-pin D-sub ports
- 802.11 a/b/g/n high-powered WLAN (up to 1000 meters)
- Bluetooth (v2.1+EDR class 2)
- Full-sized LED backlit membrane keyboard with integrated numeric pad
- Dimensions: 16.2″ x 12.5″ x 4.6″
- Weight: 18.9 lbs
Beyond its overall performance, the Getac X500 Server is certified to military specifications for operation in extreme conditions. Built for outdoor use, the X500 Server can withstand drops, shocks, spills and vibrations. The X500 Server is MIL-STD-810G certified for ruggedness and shock protection, and its IP65 rating covers it for water and dust. At 16.2 x 12.5 x 4.6 inches in size, the briefcase-size X500 rugged mobile server can be easily carried and deployed in almost any environment. The X500 rugged mobile server is available for immediate ordering, with first orders shipping at the end of May 2013.