The Fujitsu LifeBook N3500 is not only the first Intel Sonoma based laptop offering from Fujitsu, but also their first 15.4″ screen laptop. This notebook will compete with recently released Dell Inspiron 6000 and Toshiba M45 15.4″ screen Sonoma notebooks. But with new screen technology called “Color-Enhanced Crystal View”, a built-in TV Tuner option, Express Card slot and fast new DDR2 SDRAM the N3500 is the most enticing new 15.4″ screen laptop offering we’ve seen.
Fujitsu N3500 Series 15.4″ Intel Pentium M (Sonoma) Notebook
Fujitsu N3510 Specs
- Intel Pentium M Processor 740 (1.73 GHz, 2 MB L2 cache, 533 MHz FSB)
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / XP Professional
- 15.4″ wide format WXGA Color-Enhanced Crystal View TFT display
- 512 MB DDR2 SDRAM memory (256 MB x 2), upgradeable to 2GB
- 60 GB / 80GB / 100GB Hard Drive
- ATI Mobility Radeon X300 with 64MB of video
- DVD/CD-RW combo drive / Dual Layer Multi-Format DVD Writer
- Built-in Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG Wireless
- 4 USB 2.0, IEEE 1394, Memory Stick /SD slot, PC Card slot, ExpressCard slot
- High-capacity Li-ion battery
- One-year International Limited Warranty
- TV Tuner with Instant MyMedia (optional)
- Prices start at $1499
With its 15.4-inch wide Color Enhanced Crystal View display, the LifeBook N3500 notebook is the only system with the image intensity and color accuracy to rival a CRT. Through an optimal combination of backlight, LCD, and color filter, Fujitsu has achieved stunning color reproduction while improving both brightness and contrast. The Color Enhanced Crystal View technology renders images in truer colors, making the LifeBook N3500 notebook a reliable platform for digital media work. DVDs are more enjoyable to watch and online purchases will be more gratifying because the LifeBook N3500 notebook is capable of displaying the colors of items, like clothing, more accurately thereby eliminating one of the top reasons for returns.
To add to all that though, with the latest Intel Pentium M 740 1.73 GHz Processor at the heart of the LifeBook N3500 you’ll get performance levels comparable to an Intel Pentium 4 Processor. There is a dedicated graphics processor in the form of an ATI Mobility X300 with 64MB of RAM to help improve graphics performance.
An optional TV tuner and Fujitsu Instant MyMedia software provide users access to a range of features, including the ability to view TV and DVDs or listen to music CDs without booting up the notebook. They can pause live TV, record shows onto the hard drive or a DVD and transfer existing VHS tapes to DVDs. A remote control provides even greater freedom for managing these activities from anywhere in a room.
The Fujitsu N3500 is available now from the Fujitsu website and should reach other retailers by February 21.