On Thursday performance PC company Eurocom launched their newest Ultrabook, the 14-inch multitouch-capable Armadillo. At just 2 kg and 22 mm thick, it is a very portable machine, made even more so by the advertised 9-hour battery life. The base Armadillo comes with an Intel Mobile Core i7-4500U processor, alongside 4 GB RAM (1×4 GB), which is expandable up to 16 GB (2×8 GB). It features a 6-in-1 card reader, 500 GB HD (expandable to a 960 GB SSD, plus up to a second 480 GB mSATA3 SSD), and runs Windows 8.1 (not included in base price). However, as the only graphics option for the Armadillo is Intel HD 4400 graphics, this is not meant as a gaming laptop when compared to other Eurocom machines.
The Eurocom Armadillo 14 inch Ultrabook starts at $999 CAD ($917 USD).
Here’s a full list of the Eurocom Armadillo Specifications:
- Display: 14.0-inch (356mm) FHD 1920-by-1080 pixels; Multi-touch; 700:1; LCD Backlit Display
- Processor: 1.8GHz (up to 3.0Ghz in turbo mode) Intel Core i7-4500U Mobile Processor; 2-cores, 4-treads; 22nm; 4MB L3 cache; 15W; on board
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4400; up to 1.7GB with Intel Dynamic Memory Technology
- Memory: up to 16GB of memory; DDR3L-1600; two memory sockets
- Storage: 2 drives (mSATA + HDD/SSD/SHDD); SATA3 6Gb/s; up to 1.4 TB of storage
- card Reader: 6-in-1; MMC/RSMMC SD/miniSD/SDHC/SDXC
- Ports: 2x USB 3.0; 1x HDMI out; 1x headphone jack; 1x Microphone Jack; 1x RJ45/LAN
- Weight: 2.0kg; 4.4lbs
- Dimensions: WxDxH: 340x240x22.8mm; 13.6×9.6×0.91-inch
- Battery time: up to 510 minutes; 4 cells Smart Lithium-Ion battery pack 44.6 WH
- AC Adapter: 65W 100-240V Auto-switching