In a press conference this afternoon in New York City Dell announced several new high-end XPS desktop products with dual processors and the Dell XPS M170 notebook. The Dell XPS M170 will retail for $2,699, features the latest nVidia Go 7800 GTX Ultra graphics card and is currently available in the U.S. and Europe.
Here’s a link to the Dell M170 on Dell.com USA: Dell XPS M170 USA
Notice that if you get the high-end configuration it’s $4,260. Ouch. But if you like games, this is the laptop to get.
Dell XPS M170 back view (view larger image)
Dell XPS M170 front view (view larger image)
Dell XPS M170
With a full range of personalization options, the XPS M170 allows customers powerful computing and visual performance in a complete, yet mobile computer. The XPS M170 starts at $2,699 and is available in the United States. Additional features include:
- Powered with new NVIDIA 256MB GeForce Go 7800 GTX Ultra graphics card
- Intel Pentium M780 available at 2.26GHz of speed
- Dell MediaDirect for quick access to multimedia content from a hibernation, standby or powered-off mode
- 17-inch TrueLifeTM widescreen display
- Black and silver chassis with LED perimeter lighting in 16 different colors, customizable via the XPS interface of Dell’s power management application, QuickSet
- Transparent personalization cover easily snaps on to the notebook’s brushed-metal lid with included imagery from leading gaming titles