Dell has always been pretty competitive on the inexpensive end of the personal computing market, and with the introduction of the Vostro line, they brought that leverage to bear on the business side of the industry. Vostro computers are aimed at small business and home office scenarios, and for the price, they’re pretty hard to beat.
The new Vostros come in two form factors: the 230, which is a standard minitower, and the 230s, which is the same thing, but a lot skinnier. The slim version starts at $389, while the minitower is a good bit cheaper at $299. Naturally, the specs aren’t amazing at that end of the price range, but they’ll get the job done. If you need something better, Dell offers it, for a price.
- Processor: Pentium Dual-core, Core 2 Duo, Core 2 Quad,
- Memory: up to 4GB standard
- Storage: up to 2TB rotating HDDs
- Optical: up to dual DVD+/-RWs
- Graphics: up to 1GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 220 (DVI/VGA/HDMI)