Dell has introduced the Latitude 100L, a desktop replacement notebook computer designed for small businesses and institutional customers sensitive to purchase price.
Dell Latitude 100L
Starting at $899, the Latitude 100L easily handles essential computing tasks like word processing, e-mail and Internet access, and is ideal for customers who value the flexibility and productivity that comes with mobile computing.
Weighing slightly more than seven pounds(a), the 100L can be custom configured with Intel(tm) Celeron(tm) or Mobile Pentium(tm) 4 processors, 14.1- or 15-inch displays, 20GB to 60GB hard drives and a variety of fixed optical drives. Optional integrated wireless capability is available for $29 (802.11b/g) or $49 (802.11a/b/g). A USB port replicator is available for $119. Complete product details can be found at www.dell.com/latitude
Dell supports the Latitude 100L with a portfolio of product lifecycle services including mobile and security solutions. Smaller IT staffs can focus on internal strategic initiatives while Dell’s award-winning service and support can provide accidental damage coverage, custom software integration, on-site break-fix service, advanced technical support, theft prevention security and asset management.
Technical Features of the Latitude 100L include:
- Choice of Intel Celeron processors at 2.40GHz(c) or Mobile Intel Pentium 4 processor at 2.66GHz(c) combined with the Intel 852GMV chipset
- Choice of 14.1- or 15-inch XGA (1024 x 768) display
- 128MB to 1GB of DDR266 shared(d) SDRAM
- Choice of 20GB, 30GB, 40GB or 60GB hard drives
- Choice of 8-cell, 65WHr or 12-cell 96WHr Lithium Ion Battery
- Choice of CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, DVD/CD-RW combination and DVD+RW/+R optical drives
- Integrated 10/100 Ethernet and 56K V92 modem
- Ports include: Two USB 2.0, VGA, Headphone and Microphone
- Optional internal Dell Wireless 1350 802.11b/g or Dell Wireless 1450 802.11a/b/g wireless Mini-PCI card
- Optional WWAN capability with Dell TrueMobile 5100 GPRS PC Card with choice of service from AT&T Wireless or T-Mobile
- Choice of Windows XP Home or Windows XP Professional Operating System
- One Year Service and Support, optional longer terms available