As part of its ongoing release of the fall lineup, Dell introduced new high performance desktop PCs today. The Studio XPS 8000 desktops take advantage of new processors from Intel, also introduced today. Starting at $799, these sleek new desktops offer solid performance and a great look.
- Processor: up to Intel Core i7-870
- Memory: up to 16GB DDR3
- Hard drive: up to 2TB in RAID 0 or 1.5TB in RAID 1
- Optical drive: up to dual Blu-ray burners
- Graphics card: up to NVIDIA’s GeForce GTX 260 with 1792MB memory
- Sound: Integrated HD audio or discrete SoundBlaster options
The new systems start at $799 but can rapidly spiral upward in price. In addition to the new Studio XPS 8000, Dell has announced that they will be rebranding the Studio XPS 435 as the Studio XPS 9000, as it’s already known in some other countries. The two share very similar styles, with the 435/9000 the first of Dell’s offerings in the new look.
The systems are available now on Dell.com.