Not that anybody who keeps on top of laptop rumors will be surprised to know, but it’s now somewhat more "official" that the Dell XPS M1330 and Inspiron 1420, 1520 and 1720 laptops will be hitting the market in the next couple of weeks.
On a blog post on the Direct2Dell website Lionel Menchaca confirms that the rumors circling the web about Inspiron Santa Rosa laptops and an ultraportable XPS M1330 notebook are true and that they will be announced before the end of the month. Specifically, "confession #9" is where you’ll find Lionel linking to two Engadget rumor posts and confirming they are true.
Upcoming Dell Inspiron 1420, Inpsiron 1520 and Inspiron 1720 laptops (view large image)
Here’s a rundown on what Dell has innately confirmed then:
- Dell Inspiron 1420 — A 14.1" widescreen Intel Santa Rosa based laptop that will offer multi-color lids. The Inspiron 1420 will replace the existing Inspiron e1405 and have the offering of internal WWAN, 4 USB 2.0 ports, FireWire, integrated 2.0MP web camera and the offering of integrated graphics or an Nvidia 8400m graphics card.
- Dell Inspiron 1520 — A 15.4" widescreen Intel Santa Rosa based laptop that will offer multi-color lids. The 1520 will replace the current Inspiron e1505. The Inspiron 1520 will have the offering of internal WWAN, 802.11n, integrated 2.0MP web camera, 8-in-1 media card reader, 4 USB 2.0 ports, up to an Nvidia 8600m GT graphics card and up to a UXGA resolution display.
- Dell Inspiron 1720 — A 17" widescreen Intel Santa Rosa based laptop that will offer multi-color lids. The 1720 will replace the current Inspiron e1705 and will offer internal WWAN, up to 2.2GHz Santa Rosa processor, 2 Hard Drives available (software RAID possible), 8-in-1 media card reader, dedicated number pad, 4 USB 2.0 ports, built-in 2MP web camera, up to an Nvidia 8600m GT grpahics card, XGA – UXGA resolution display, FireWire, S-Video, media control buttons and of course BlueTooth.
- Dell Inspiron 1521 — A 15.4" notebook the same as the Inspiron 1520, but with an AMD processor.
- Dell Inspiron 1721 — A 17" notebook the same as the Inspiron 1720, but with an AMD processor.
- Dell XPS M1330 — A 13.3" widescreen ultraportable and ultra sexy notebook that uses the Intel Santa Rosa platform, has dedicated Nvidia 8400m graphics available, slot loading optical drive, LED backlit display offering with 300-nit brightness, integrated web-camera offering, starts at under 1" thin and about 4lbs of weight
Dell XPS M1330 front view
Dell XPS M1330 side view (view large image)
Expected announce date according to rumors is June 26th at which time the Inspiron notebooks will be available to order and the XPS M1330 will be announced but will not ship until about mid-July.