Dell Announces New Latitudes, Precision Workstation Notebooks
Dell announced an entirely redesigned line of business Latitude and Precision Mobile Workstation notebooks.
New offerings in the Dell Latitude E-family include the E5420, E5520, E6220, E6320, E6420, E6520, E6420 ATG laptops and XT3 convertible tablet. Dell also plans to introduce a 10-inch Windows 7-based tablet later this year.
Dell says the new Latitude E-series features more than 100 design improvements. The E5420 and E5520 are the value offerings and the remainder are higher-grade models featuring better build quality, improved display strength, and a metal chassis.
Key features of the new Latitude E-series include:
- Completely new design from the ground up;
- Enhanced security – Dell Data Protection, Remote Data Delete and Free Fall Sensor to protect against drops;
- Planned support for pre-integrated Citrix and VMware remote desktop clients;
- Latitude commonality across 26 models – 1 dock, battery, keyboard footprint – making the management of systems much easier;
- Still the only enterprise platform with a backlit keyboard options for productivity anywhere; and,
- Intel 2nd generation Core processors and new graphics and memory.
Dell also announced its Precision M4400 and M6400 mobile workstations, but has not released any further details.
Pricing and Availability
Availability information has not been announced for any of the new models; pricing information has been released only for the Latitude E5000 series (E5420, E5520), which will start at $859.