HP today announced a new addition to its Compaq Presario lineup in the form of the v6000 15.4″ widescreen notebook. The v6000 features a new design being rolled out in the Presario lineup. It features a durable, shiny finish that looks like highly-polished brush steel along with touch-sensitive backlit buttons and volume control. The v6000 is powered by AMD’s dual-core 64-bit Turion X2 processor and graphics are handled by the nVidia 6150 card.
Compaq Presario v6000 technical specifications:
- Processor: AMD Turion 64 X2 and Mobile or AMD Sempron
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 graphics and NVIDIA nForce Go 430 chipset
- OS: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition or Professional operating systems
- Wireless: 802.11 b/g, configurable 802.11 a/b/g and Bluetooth
- Card Reader: 5-in-1 digital media card reader on select models
- Optional IEEE1394 port and up to three USB 2.0 ports on select models
- ExpressCard/54 slot on select models
- Integrated Altec Lansing stereo speakers
- Standard 6-cell battery or 12-cell available for additional battery life
- Weight: 6.6 lbs
The v6000 will replace the currently available Compaq v5000 series of notebooks and provide a much improved stylish design. The v6000 will be available via HPShopping.com and soon be found in retail stores.