At $400, Ceton’s InfiniTV 4 is not the cheapest solution for recording digital cable channels. It promises to be one of the most powerful, however, using just one CableCARD permissions card to record up to four HD digital cable channels at one time. Combined with elegant software such as Windows Media Center, the tuner will no doubt be a hit with HTPC enthusiasts all over America.
The card requires any open PCI-e slot, and since it’s so narrow, it’ll also fit in smaller chassis computers that require so-called “low-profile” cards.
- Four, dual ATSC/QAM 64/256 tuners
- CableCARD M-Card DRM Processor
- Open Cable Unidirectional Receiver Specification
- Digital Receiver Interface Specification
- CableCARD Copy Protection 2.0 Specification
- CableCARD Interface 2.0 Specification
- Digital Cable Network Interface Standard
- OS: Microsoft Windows 7 (any version above Starter)
- CPU: 2.0GHz or faster; 2.7GHz dual-core is recommended
- Memory: 2GB RAM; 3GB is recommended
- Open PCI-e slot
- Graphics card (discrete or integrated) that’s HDCP compatible
- HDMI-out or DVI-out with alternative audio outputs
- Multi-stream CableCARD
Ceton is getting the InfiniTV 4 in select shipments, so chances are the first will go to fulfill pre-existing orders. Customers can still place pre-orders at Ceton’s site.
In the meantime, Ceton has place installation videos and other teasers on YouTube: