Canon U.S.A. will demonstrate its advanced document management solution, uniFlow v5.0 for Fleet Management at Canon EXPO 2010 New York.
The latest version of Canon’s uniFlow output management software is designed to streamline fleet management and simplify workflow processes across the network.
“Corporations are looking for ways to better manage their IT resources, particularly their output resources,” said Larry Jamieson, Director, Hard Copy, Industry Advisory Service at Lyra Research.
Noting that most companies have multiple output platforms from a variety of vendors across multiple locations, Jamieson added that administrators are looking for output management solutions that will help them control these resources and help to control costs.
Available in Q4 2010, uniFlow v5.0 is designed to meet the needs of both large and small enterprises that require an advanced output management solution with significant flexibility.
uniFlow v5.0 will offer a broad array of features developed to facilitate cost-effective management of multifunction product and printer fleets, and to improve printing security and productivity including:
- Workflow elements: “Decision-based” workflow objects, allowing several workflows to be executed through a simple workflow editing tool based on pre-defined conditions enabling seamless and flexible setup for IT administrators.
- imageRunner 2500 Support: Made possible through direct integration of uniFlow capabilities into device firmware, popular uniFlow functionality such as card authentication, secure printing and cost center selection.
- Extended 3rd Party Device Support
- SQL Connector for Import/Export of Data
- Global Workflows: Advanced function for network administrators that enables customized workflows developed by IT departments to be pushed to an organization’s entire fleet.
- Universal Driver Enhancements: for support of Booklet printing mode.
- Advanced Scanning Workflow: Offering OCR, barcode recognition and document conversion as well as native integration with, among others, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SharePoint.
- Enhanced Document Security: uniFlow v5.0 integrates with imageWare Security Audit Manager for improved security of documents in an organization.
Scanning workflow and security capabilities will be introduced in early 2011.