Finally, a notebook dock has arrived that offers DVI-out, 5.1 surround sound and is available to all laptops that have the ExpressCard expansion slot. The Belkin Universal Notebook Dock is a vertically oriented dock that makes managing cables at a desk easy and expands the capabilities of your notebook. Availability is set for November and the suggested price will be $199.99.
The Belkin dock is the first available in the consumer market that offers fast connectivity via a notebook’s ExpressCard port, quadrupling your available bandwidth so you can run high-quality video — from DVDs, for example — without affecting bandwidth to your other USB 2.0 devices. The ExpressCard technology allows throughput at 2.0Gbps to provide excellent video out at a superior 1600 x 1200 resolution in 32-bit color. If you do not have The Notebook Expansion Dock will be shipping in North America in late November, with launches in Asia, Europe, and Australia to follow shortly.
The Dock’s unique vertical design minimizes the amount of space taken up on your desk. At the same time, the design uses convection to minimize heat buildup from the Dock’s GPU and provides additional safety by preventing people from putting their laptop battery on top of the docking station.
The Notebook Expansion Dock is the first docking station to feature ExpressCard technology, which connects at 2.0Gbps to provide unparalleled graphics quality and flawless video reproduction at a superior 1600×1200 resolution in 32-bit color. The Dock provides an additional built-in USB lane as well.
Here’s a rundown of the features:
- Features slim, vertical, compact footprint that saves desk space and conveniently manages all your cables
- Minimizes heat buildup from internal graphics-processing unit
- Works seamlessly with Windows Vista™ and XP operating systems, as well as with most DVD-player software
- High-resolution, DVD-quality video output through VGA or DVI ports
- 5.1 surround-sound support through optical or 3.5mm outputs
- Five (5) USB 2.0 ports, including 2 top-load USB ports for easy access by thumb drives
- 10/100Mbps Ethernet access for instant connection to multiple external devices
- Compatibility with all notebooks equipped with an ExpressCard port