Averatec took the wraps off of a new 22-inch all-in-one PC this week with the release of the stylish D1005 computer. It sits in between the company’s other two all-in-one offerings, the 18-inch D1133, and the large 25.5-inch D1205.
The D1005 clearly draws some of its inspiration from competitors’ models, such as the Gateway One and the Apple iMac, both of which use a squared-off front with a display above. Averatec is targeting the new 22-inch machine at business or home users who need a desktop computer but don’t want to sacrifice the space; college students, looking to save space in their Lilliputian dorms, are also within the company’s sights.
- Processor: Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 @ 2.5GHz
- Memory: 3GB DDR2 RAM
- Hard drive: 3.5-inch 320GB SATA @ 7200RPM
- Optical drive: Slot-loading DVD+/-RW SuperMulti drive
- Display: 22-inch WSXGA+ (1680×1050)
- Graphics: Intel GMA X4500HD
- Networking: 10/100/1000 Ethernet
- Wireless networking: 802.11a/b/g/n
- Operating system: Windows Vista Home Premium
- Six USB2.0 ports (2 side, 4 rear), 6-in-1 memory card reader
- Headphone, microphone, line in, line out, and S/PDIF out audio jacks
- DVI video out
- Audio: Integrated HD audio, built-in 10W stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 21 x 9 x 19 inches (WxDxH)
- Weight: 28 pounds
The new machine carries a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $799. Its cost may make it a tough sell to consumers looking for a new all-in-one, especially when paired with the company’s comparative obscurity, here in the United States. It does offer a number of features, however, such as a DVI-out port for connecting another monitor (almost unheard-of on all-in-one PCs) and a true dual-core CPU rather than a low-power processor such as the Intel Atom or AMD Neo.
Averatec’s 18-inch D1133:
Averatec’s 25.5-inch D1205:
D1005 product page on Averatec.com