Alienware M11x Owners Report Hinge Issues, Dell Says It’s Working On It
Nearly 100 people in our forums have come forth reporting screen hinge issues with their Alienware M11x notebooks. The hinges apparently fall apart and deteoriate over time, according to the owners; Alienware posted a short message in our forums saying they are working on it.
A full list of the reported issues can be found here. To summarize, people have reported:
- Uneven gap on the left or right side hinge
- The lid sits uneven protruding out the base when it is closed
- Keyboard smudging screen when lid is closed
- Keyboard scratching screen when lid is closed
- Hinge dislocating
- Hinge cracking/snapping/becoming damaged
See this thread for more pictures of the issue. Alienware’s official response in our forums is as follows:
Just wanted to let you know that we’re very aware that some Alienware M11x customers have experienced issues with the laptop hinges. Being aware of the issue, we’ve engaged the relevant internal teams here at Dell.
When we have more details to share, we will.”
Our sources at Dell indicate this is a very important issue internally.