Acer today introduced the Aspire one, an entry into the netbook market. According to Acer it is "designed to deliver continuous Internet access no matter where you are", so long as you’re in range of a wi-fi network that is.
The device measures 9.8 x 6.7 x 1.14 inches and weighs slightly over two pounds.
The Aspire one comes with the following specifications:
- 802.11b/g WiFi, possible 3G in the future
- Intel Atom Processor
- 8GB flash storage or 80GB HDD
- 8.9-inch 1024×600 LED-backlit CrystalBrite display
- Linpus Linux Lite or Windows XP Home OS
- Acer CrystalEye webcam
- 5-in-1 memory card reader
- 3 hours of battery life with 3-cell battery
- 6 hours of battery with optional 6-cell battery
The Aspire one will have pricing starting at US$379. It will be available in two initial colors, sapphire blue and seashell white. Later this year, Acer will introduce two new colors, golden brown and coral pink.