When Lexmark unveiled the Genesis earlier this fall, I was a bit perplexed at first because the Genesis looked nothing like any inkjet printer I’ve ever reviewed, or for that matter, seen.
The unique vertical design is only part of the mystique Lexmark would like to build around the latest addition to their SOHO lineup which won’t be available in stores until mid-January. The Genesis also offers Lexmark’s new Flash Scan technology which uses a 10-megapixel imaging sensor that allows the device to scan a document or photo to a PC in less than three seconds.
Want to know more? Check our hands-on video first look today and then make sure to come back soon for our full review of the Lexmark Genesis before it hits stores!
- 4-in-1 web-connected inkjet printer
- Print speeds: up to 33 ppm in black, 30 ppm in color
- ISO print speeds: up 10.4 ppm in black, 6.1 ppm in color
- Print resolution: up to 4800 x 1200 dpi
- 4.3-inch touch screen
- Built-in memory card reader with USB port
- Automatic duplexing
- Monthly duty cycle: up to 3,000 pages
- Paper capacity: 100 sheets
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, USB 2.0
- 3-year extended warranty with registration
PRICING AND AVAILABILITY
The Lexmark Genesis will be available through Lexmark and authorized vendors for the estimated price of $399.99 in mid-January.
Supplies and accessories for the Genesis will also be available through the Lexmark website.
Lexmark offers a 3-year extended warranty with Lexmark’s Protection Guarantee with product registration within 90 days of purchase. In the event that the user does not register their product, the Genesis carries a 1-year limited warranty.