Each month we compile data for the number of times a particular notebook is viewed on this site's product pages to get an idea for what mainstream consumers are looking at and thinking about buying. While these laptops aren't necessarily the most popular in terms of sales, they are the most popular based on the number of times our visitors clicked on them.
In that sense, think of this list as the "most clickable laptops of the month" ... the notebooks that most of the people on this site are interested in learning about. Keep in mind that clicks directly on the "Most Popular Laptops" list do not count toward the total in order to keep the list as fair as possible each month. The only clicks that count toward the monthly totals come from web searches like Google or from visitors who have clicked on a laptop after visiting our "Notebook Database" or inside our forums.
This month saw quite a few newcomers to the top 10 list. Last month the popular Dell XPS M1530 dropped from the top spot down to number six on the list, and this month the XPS M1530 is barely holding on to the top 10. The new HP Pavilion dv5t took the number one spot followed by some impressive competition from business notebooks like the new Dell Latitude E6400 and Lenovo ThinkPad T400.
1. HP Pavilion dv5t (New to the Top 10) - The dv5t features an Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, up to 4096MB DDR2 System Memory, NVIDIA GeForce Go graphics available and 15.4" diagonal WXGA BrightView Widescreen.
2. Dell Latitude E6400 (New to the Top 10) - The 14.1-inch E6400 replaces Dell's D630. These are Dell's first Montevina/Centrino 2 class machines. The E6400 has a starting weigh of 4.4lbs and is available with built-in Bluetooth 2.1, mobile broadband, Integrated GPS, extended life batteries for "all day" computing, discrete nVIDIA graphics, and plenty of security options including contact-less smart cards and encrypted hard disks.
3. Dell Studio 15 (Previously #1) - The Dell Studio 15 is a 15.4" screen multimedia laptop offered in multiple colors and configurations. The Studio 15 can be equipped with an Intel Core 2 Duo and dedicated ATI graphics. It comes with a slot-loading DVD drive, backlit keyboard, sleek drop-hinge design, widescreen glossy display and touch sensitive buttons.
4. Lenovo ThinkPad T400 (New to the Top 10) - The ThinkPad T400 features an Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 14.1" LED-backlight widescreen, up to 8GB of PC2-8500 and integrated Intel X4500 or ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470.
|5. Lenovo ThinkPad T61 (Previously #5) - The ThinkPad T61 was released in May of 2007 and is still holding strong on the most popular charts. The T61 sports the Intel Santa Rosa (Centrino Duo) platform and improves upon the popular T60 by offering an even sturdier build and extra port options.|
| ||6. Dell Inspiron 1525 (Previously #9) - The Inspiron 1525 is a Core 2 Duo powered 15.4" screen notebook from Dell. The Inspiron 1525 has Intel X3100 integrated graphics, an Intel Core 2 Duo processor and a thinner and lighter form factor than the previous Inspiron 1520.|
7. Dell XPS M1530 (Previously #2) - The Dell XPS M1530 is the larger brother to the XPS M1330. It's a 15.4-inch screen sleek looking performance notebook that offers the powerful nVidia 8600m graphics card. The XPS M1530 is available in black, red, midnight blue and white colors.
| || |
8. Sony VAIO FW (New to the Top 10) - The VAIO FW is a 16.4" notebook featuring an Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 processor with great options including: Blu-Ray, a 1600 x 900 viewing format, a HD video card, ATI 3650 or ATI 3470, and an HDMI port to output.
9. Toshiba Satellite A305 (Previously #8) - The Satellite A305 laptops use the TruBrite 15.4-inch high definition diagonal widescreen display to get more from movies, games, spreadsheets and multitasking. The "Fusion finish" adds an extra level of durability and sexiness to this laptop. Available dedicated graphics and dual hard drives help this notebook really perform.
10. Dell XPS M1330 (Previously #6) - The XPS M1330 stays solid on the charts at #5 for the month. The M1330 is a 13.3" portable notebook with the Intel Santa Rosa processor, Nvidia 8400M graphics and slick looks. The M1330 is available in red, black and white color lid options.
And here's the rest of 'em rounding out the top 20 most viewed and popular on NotebookReview.com for the month of August:
11. Acer Aspire One
12. HP Pavilion dv6700t
13. Asus Eee PC
14. Apple MacBook
15. Sony VAIO SZ
16. HP Pavilion tx2500z
17. Sony VAIO NR
18. Sony VAIO CR
19. Toshiba Satellite A200 / A205
20. Lenovo ThinkPad T500
Top 20 Threads for August
While we're on the subject of top 20, to give an idea of what the hot topics were in the forums last month, here's a list of the most viewed forum threads posted in August:
more than 100 focused websites providing quick access to a deep store of
news, advice and analysis about the technologies, products and processes crucial
to the jobs of IT pros.
All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2000 - 2013, TechTarget | Read our Privacy Statement