Each month we compile data for the number of times a particular notebook is viewed on this site's product pages to get an idea for what mainstream consumers are looking at and thinking about buying. While these laptops aren't necessarily the most popular in terms of sales, they are the most popular based on the number of times our visitors clicked on them.
In that sense, think of this list as the "most clickable laptops of the month" ... the notebooks that most of the people on this site are interested in learning about. There were no big surprises for the month of April as most of the laptops in the top ten have been popular for a while. The Dell XPS M1530 maintained strength in the top spot and the Asus Eee PC, Apple MacBook Pro, and Sony VAIO FZ returned to the top 10 list.
1. Dell XPS M1530 (previously #1) - The Dell XPS M1530 is the larger brother to the XPS M1330. It's a 15.4-inch screen sleek looking performance notebook that offers the powerful nVidia 8600m graphics card. The XPS M1530 is available in black, red, midnight blue and white colors.
2. Lenovo ThinkPad T61 (Previously #2) - The ThinkPad T61 was released in May of 2007 and is still holding strong on the most popular charts. The T61 sports the Intel Santa Rosa (Centrino Duo) platform and improves upon the popular T60 by offering an even sturdier build and extra port options.
3. Toshiba Satellite A200 (previously #3) - The Satellite A200 / A205 series is a 15.4" screen mainstream offering from Toshiba. It has Core 2 Duo inside and ATI dedicated graphics is configurable with this notebook.
|4. Dell XPS M1330 (Previously #4) - The XPS M1330 stays solid on the charts at #5 for the month. The M1330 is a 13.3" portable notebook with the Intel Santa Rosa processor, Nvidia 8400M graphics and slick looks. The M1330 is available in red, black and white color lid options.|
5. HP Pavilion dv6700t (previously #8) - The HP dv6700t Entertainment Notebook PC is the replacement for the popular dv6500t. This laptop delivers a 15.4" Brightview display, dazzling high-gloss design, Intel's Core Duo processors and the option to upgrade to an Nvidia GeForce 8400M GS graphics card with 256MB dedicated video memory.Buy the HP dv6700t direct from HP
6. Sony VAIO SZ (Previously #5) - Performance in a small package, that sums up the Sony VAIO SZ. The bright glossy 13.3" display is powered by dedicated graphics and the Intel Santa Rosa platform for an extra performance boost. Sony recently released the VAIO SZ6 series.
7. Lenovo ThinkPad R61 (previously #7) - The Lenovo ThinkPad R61 is a 14.1" or 15.4" screen notebook available with a Core 2 Duo (Santa Rosa) processor, optional integrated camera, roll cage in the lid and built-in media card and FireWire
8. Apple MacBook Pro (back in the top 10) - The MacBook Pro may give Apple bragging rights to the prettiest and most powerful laptop on the planet. Featuring the new Intel Core 2 Duo and Nvidia 8600 graphics card along with the Leopard Mac OS X this laptop boasts both power and style.Buy the MacBook Pro direct from Apple
| || |
9. Asus Eee PC (back in the top 10) - The Asus Eee PC 701 notebook uses a Linux based OS that Asus has customized themselves. It has a 7" screen and only weighs 2 lbs. The Eee PC is now also available with Windows XP.Buy the Eee PC direct from Asus
|Buy the Sony VAIO FZ direct from Sony|
And here's the rest of 'em rounding out the top 20 most viewed and popular on NotebookReview.com for the month of April:11. Dell Inspiron 1525
Remember, to get advice on which notebook to buy don't just go with what's popular, visit our What Notebook Should I Buy forum to ask what everyone else thinks you should buy based on your needs. Check out how the current standings for this weeks most popular notebooks looks.
Top 20 Threads for April
While we're on the subject of top 20, to give an idea of what the hot topics were in the forums last month, here's a list of the most viewed forum threads posted in April:
more than 100 focused websites providing quick access to a deep store of
news, advice and analysis about the technologies, products and processes crucial
to the jobs of IT pros.
All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2000 - 2013, TechTarget | Read our Privacy Statement